Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Biking Pics

I'll be in CO for the National Rally Aaron, are you anywhere near Leadville?
    Gary

NCLR002
    LRRF0016
    NCLR VP Web Admin
    1995 RRC County LWB
    1994 Defender 90 SW

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Quote Originally Posted by PCrover View Post
    I'll be in CO for the National Rally Aaron, are you anywhere near Leadville?
    I live in Colorado Springs, about 2 hours away..HOWEVER I am planning on camping up there during ralley time and I have a few friends around Leadville so if you bring your bike I will be there!
    Aaron

"Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn

Some pics from todays ride............

A few from todays ride

Aaron

"Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn

where was this at?(I'm from seattle..)
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by gmookher View Post
    where was this at?(I'm from seattle..)
    Colorado Springs, CO A place called Ute Valley Park
    Aaron

-Katherine Hepburn

any good mt biking around san ramon? Opportunity to consider reloc there...went to Temecula this weekend, nice trails but lots of sand unless you head east to hemet.

I'm thinking a bit north might be better climate..I like rugget rooty rocky stuff for my 6.5" trail bike and my 8" DH bike wants lift access trails

any recommendations?
    ESTP

Lots of trails in the Bay Area within an hour drive of San Ramon. Anything you want as far as trail type and difficulty is around here somewhere.

There all listed here. Is this enough to keep you busy for a while? I can give you more details if you do relocate to the Bay Area.
    Gary

NCLR002
    LRRF0016
    NCLR VP Web Admin
    1995 RRC County LWB
    1994 Defender 90 SW

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

There's a big hill east of Danville & San Ramon called MT Diablo and there are many trails on and around it there are also many trails in the Livermore hills and of course Marin county (which by the way is where it all started)is 45 mins away across the Richmond bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by gmookher View Post
    any good mt biking around san ramon? Opportunity to consider reloc there...went to Temecula this weekend, nice trails but lots of sand unless you head east to hemet.

I'm thinking a bit north might be better climate..I like rugget rooty rocky stuff for my 6.5" trail bike and my 8" DH bike wants lift access trails

any recommendations?
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

Quote Originally Posted by maxyedor View Post
    Karpiel? RUN-AWAY!!!!!! Actually if it's an early one they aren't bad bikes, the last few that came through the shop before Jan lost his finger in a "machining accident" and moved back to Poland or something were hack. He was a huge pot-head and his frames showed it.

More cool vids
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFQkTSnlYO0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltKtM...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0PCt...eature=related
    My buddy bought all of Jan's old tooling and has been building them himself. He revamped the Disco Volante so it is a bit better. He's even working on his own design right now. Probably going to change the name of the company to get away from the curse. You're right about Jan being a joke though. Kinda ruined his own reputation.
    "Eric Zitzmann is a bad MoFo, this dead dude shouldn't have messed with him." or "buy your next VW bus from NorCal Relics..."

Joshua Fischer
    97 DI SD 5spd.

no pics, but i got a concussion yesterday, broke my helmet, and spent the night in the ER last night after an intense sesh in Tuskeegee National Forest.