Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Mountain Biking Pics

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fremont, California, United States
    Posts
    2,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    that was a sick vid.
    WOW!
    Tony - Cerrone's European LRRForums Store

    1999 Disco II - aka Black Cobra - Daily Driver
    2006 Range Rover HSE aka Wife's Rig

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco97 View Post
    I've been thinking of getting back into it. My buddy builds the Disco Volante for Karpiel. He says If I work at the shop on the weekends, he'll give me one. Pretty tempting
    Karpiel? RUN-AWAY!!!!!! Actually if it's an early one they aren't bad bikes, the last few that came through the shop before Jan lost his finger in a "machining accident" and moved back to Poland or something were hack. He was a huge pot-head and his frames showed it.


    More cool vids
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFQkTSnlYO0[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltKtMUhsy9w&feature=related[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0PCtjDjzJU&feature=related[/ame]
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,987
    What the heck I'll share a few!



    Aaron

    "Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Gatos
    Posts
    898
    We should get a ride going, UCSC has a bunch of trails close to the trails in that video I posted. Tons of singletrack and as big as you want to go, or as small as you want to go. It's a fun place to ride and where I learned to do double jumps( I used to be a XC guy.).

    Steve
    NCLR #49
    stock

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,987
    Stair climb




    Aaron

    "Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by maxyedor View Post
    Karpiel? RUN-AWAY!!!!!! Actually if it's an early one they aren't bad bikes, the last few that came through the shop before Jan lost his finger in a "machining accident" and moved back to Poland or something were hack. He was a huge pot-head and his frames showed it.


    More cool vids
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFQkTSnlYO0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltKtM...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0PCt...eature=related
    That second one is pretty good. Those guys that take that HUGE air on have some serious huevos rancheros.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Gatos
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by etcatmeat View Post
    That second one is pretty good. Those guys that take that HUGE air on have some serious huevos rancheros.
    They had huevos rancheros for breakfast??

    Steve
    NCLR #49
    stock

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando FLA
    Posts
    134
    soo sketchy
    Being Vague is almost as fun as doing this other thing.

    Mark.
    2000 Disco II
    08 F250 6.4 DERV.
    HD Road King Custom.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,219
    meh. i've had 3 concussions from mt. biking and i was wearing a helmet all 3 times. severe arthritis in the knees and crushed discs in the back keep me off the bikes now. in the late 80's i actually raced for a while. placed in a few amateur classes. wanted to go pro but my body was too beat up to continue.

    hmmm... perhaps if i kept it easy this time around...
    1994 RRC LWB
    My projects: www.mmacrue.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @mmacrue

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,987
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenmd View Post
    meh. i've had 3 concussions from mt. biking and i was wearing a helmet all 3 times. severe arthritis in the knees and crushed discs in the back keep me off the bikes now. in the late 80's i actually raced for a while. placed in a few amateur classes. wanted to go pro but my body was too beat up to continue.

    hmmm... perhaps if i kept it easy this time around...
    If you are ever this way I'll take you and your fam for a cruiser ride!
    Aaron

    "Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •