Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guaging interest Baja 1000 trip November 19-23

RTT? Awesome.......

You know what you need to do E, save for like a year, talk to the powers that be and just leave in the RRC for like a month. Suzie and I are talking about doing a yearly trip, for at least a week at a time, and camping/hotel....so leave and camp for 2-3days on the dirt roads to Vegas, with the kiddos, then hotel a night or two, then return...

And we talked about doing that and beach camping to San Diego and back too......

You should just take a month and drive the Conti Divide Trail or something......while you have time! Oh, and the truck to do it...

Sorry for the Hijack Eric, thought we were on Expo Portal.....
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Quote Originally Posted by roverdude View Post
    They are going to Baja. Not racing in the Baja 1000. But if you run some of the trails (La Rumorosa to Laguna Hansen) like I know Eric does, then be prepared. OME should survive. That is what Eric uses. It is a good reason to look into better shocks. Tons of fun none the less.
    I thought 60mph was the minimum speed limit for any washboard roads.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem.

Now that I look into the work schedule, I doubt I'll be able to make it, but maybe another trip to Baja in the future would work. I'm itchin' to go down there again!

Steve

95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

If any of you folks do this run, I'll be seeing you down there Wednesday or Saturday. Baja is a treat. Especially during the Score Baja 1000 race. And with Eric's route, you don't even have to go anywhere near Bandido Alley (Tijuana to Ensenada). Straight through the tranquil town of Tecate. That's right, the home of the Tecate Brewery. Mark that on my itinerary!
    West Coast purveyor of early Land Rover Parts
    1995 LWB Aspen Silver Edition. AKA DudeMobile...4.6 chipped w cam & headers...4" lift with 255/85R16 tires (33")...ARB lockers front & rear...Etc, etc, etc.

I will see where the Wide Open pits are, and see if my uncle needs a hand....I may be there.

We shall see though. If I am on, I will caravan down. Talked to my uncle as I am typing. The Score site has the map up now.

http://www.score-international.com/baja1000/index.ihtml

He also mentioned the Rumerosa Grade, off the Hwy 2 is a long windy downhill approx 2500ft drop with switchbacks onto a salt pan. Seemed to think it might be quite a spectacle watching cars hurtle off the edge there. Approx mile marker 130.

Anyway, will let you know if I am in as it gets closer.
    http://www.facebook.com/edthefanman
    Lets not aaargue about whoooo killed whooo!

Im in!

Quote Originally Posted by roverdude View Post
    If any of you folks do this run, I'll be seeing you down there Wednesday or Saturday. Baja is a treat. Especially during the Score Baja 1000 race. And with Eric's route, you don't even have to go anywhere near Bandido Alley (Tijuana to Ensenada). Straight through the tranquil town of Tecate. That's right, the home of the Tecate Brewery. Mark that on my itinerary!
    Looks like I'll head down Wed -- arrive Thursday. Hopefully timing will work out so we can convoy up south of the border. Will need some good route advice and good times to avoid the bandidos!
    Chuck (KI6WSR)

2004 White Disco II with 3" RTE Lift with Bilstein Shocks, GBR 4:11s gears, Rovertym bumpers front & rear, 2 IPF HID lights , rear work lights, custom sliders, diff guards, gas tank protector. Warn 9600 winch, synthetic rope, 285/75/16 ProComp Tyres & wheels, Brownchurch rack, CDL Linkage. ARB Lockers Front & Rear, heavy duty rear axles, drive shafts, and CV joints from GBR. CB and Ham.

FYI its outside of Encenada that the drug dudes have been whacking each other, so don't hang around or camp outside there.

Also, the GPS of the route is up for those of you with Lowrance GPS's.

Quote Originally Posted by edthediscoman View Post
    FYI its outside of Encenada that the drug dudes have been whacking each other, so don't hang around or camp outside there.

Also, the GPS of the route is up for those of you with Lowrance GPS's.
    La Rumorosa is way clear of the Bandido Alley. Again, Eric will be leading his group down through Tecate. No way near TJ/Ensenada.
    West Coast purveyor of early Land Rover Parts
    1995 LWB Aspen Silver Edition. AKA DudeMobile...4.6 chipped w cam & headers...4" lift with 255/85R16 tires (33")...ARB lockers front & rear...Etc, etc, etc.

What is the trip agenda?

Anyone got Jaun?