Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel cans/Hi-jack/Shovel-System for holding all this?

Fuel cans/Hi-jack/Shovel-System for holding all this?

Where do you buy or do they make some kind of rack for the back that holds Fuel cans/Hi-jack/Shovel all this on here. I know you can put it on a roof rack but I dont want one yet and it already seems to top heavy. It would be nice to have it all on the side of the spare tire. Thanks for any links or sights.
    SOLD and Sadly Missed!!! BUT GLAD I DONT HAVE TO EVER BUY FROM RTE AND DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN2004 Discovery II, 77K, RTE HD 3'', Bilstine 7100's, DP2 Watts Linkage, RTE Radius Arms, ABS Ext, Brake Lines, D90 Washer Bottle Kit, RTE Protection Pkg w/Nerfs, QT Diff Guards, LG Alluma Gas skid, Spring Retain, 10K LB XRC Winch, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Front Rebuilt/Spicer, 285/75-16 Procomp Extreme M/T, 16x8/5'' BS Steelies, Ladder, HID Conversion, Flowmaster, Not done with it yet!

If you find it I'll be surprised. When you start looking at stuff like that you're talking about a custom made piece. There was a thread on here with one of our members making one that fit into the receiver hitch and I know near the end there was talk of morphing one to hold two jerry cans, either way I'm sure he could figure something out for you.

My two cents, but if you're gonna store the hi-lift outside the truck buy the damn cover they make for it and keep the tools required to get it off the rack in the rear door pocket. Too many times I've seen them rusted beyond any use because of the elements or guys having to dig through tool bins just to get the jack off the truck.

1964 SIIA 109 | 1973 SIII 88 | 2000 Disco II

Series Restoration
    Buchanan Family Home
    Rover Alley

Yes, I agree. You need to maintain you trail tools just like anything else and keep them organized. If nobody makes anything then how do you guys carry extra fuel? I have seen a disco for sale that had frames in the back, bolted down for two jerry cans.
    SOLD and Sadly Missed!!! BUT GLAD I DONT HAVE TO EVER BUY FROM RTE AND DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN2004 Discovery II, 77K, RTE HD 3'', Bilstine 7100's, DP2 Watts Linkage, RTE Radius Arms, ABS Ext, Brake Lines, D90 Washer Bottle Kit, RTE Protection Pkg w/Nerfs, QT Diff Guards, LG Alluma Gas skid, Spring Retain, 10K LB XRC Winch, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Front Rebuilt/Spicer, 285/75-16 Procomp Extreme M/T, 16x8/5'' BS Steelies, Ladder, HID Conversion, Flowmaster, Not done with it yet!

I put mine on a Hannibal rack and yeah, that's a lot of weight up there, particularly with a roof top tent too. You can put the HiLift on the floor behind the front seats and that works OK but it should be tied down somehow. I have just put the second row seats forward and that creates a pretty tight space for it. You can also buy/build a mount for the HiLift on the spare tire carrier but IMHO that puts too much weight back there. Some guys carry the HiLift on the brush bar of an aftermarket bumper but you probably aren't there yet.

You can also buy/build a carrier for one jerry can on the spare tire carrier but then you can't put the HiLift there.

Just a few thoughts .....
    Brian
    2004 Discovery II G4 Edition - aka Jack
    2002 Freelander SE Gone.
    KØDTJ
    Avatar photo by Ron B., Oregon Discovery Trail 2008

we make rear bumper/swing arm combo for the D1, D2, RRC (soon LR3). You can carry 2-3 fuel/water cans, Hi-Lift, shovel, axe, and mount a CB antenna. We've sold several lately, especially for the D2.

sorry its not on the website yet. been too busy building. we are working on a complete website overhaul.

www.hicountryoffroad.com

these are the phototypes

the swing arm is attached to the door with a linkage. the linkage is different now then whats in these pictures. the linkage for the swing arm alone is good enough for daily driving, and then when youre offroad there is a cam latch that secures the arm to the bumper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP4140a.jpg   IMGP4147a.jpg  

Acually, I have RTE's complete package on order. Bumpers, skid pkg, 3'' HD w/7100 Bilstiens and dp2 watts linkage, spare tire relocation, wipper bottle relocation, Drive lines with output flange, ( still up in the air), spring retainers, front cross member spacer, reduser bushings, frnt lower shock mnts, nerf pkg, brk lines, abs ext., Now I need a winch and tires, still trying to figure what to go with on both! I'll have to figure something out with jerry cans and hijack+ a stabel box for tools and spare parts someware in the trunk area???

Quote Originally Posted by derrickalda View Post
    we make rear bumper/swing arm combo for the D1, D2, RRC (soon LR3). You can carry 2-3 fuel/water cans, Hi-Lift, shovel, axe, and mount a CB antenna. We've sold several lately, especially for the D2.

sorry its not on the website yet. been too busy building. we are working on a complete website overhaul.

www.hicountryoffroad.com

these are the phototypes

the swing arm is attached to the door with a linkage. the linkage is different now then whats in these pictures. the linkage for the swing arm alone is good enough for daily driving, and then when youre offroad there is a cam latch that secures the arm to the bumper.
    very interested in the rrc rear bumper. when will you have specifics, pics, etc. up?
    1994 RRC LWB
    My projects: www.mmacrue.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @mmacrue

im talking to some of our installers to take pictures for us of some of our customer rigs.

derrikalda, I just sent you an email! Thanks

The green D2 has RTE rear bumper, is that your swing arm set up mounted on it? If so what does it cost. Oh, and were did he get those wheels, black with big holes, very nice? Thank You
    Last edited by ek5usmc; 10-12-2008 at 09:31 PM.