Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For our extended family ...

hang in there dave + superpower family. both our children were early (6wks and 4 wks) and as i'm sure you're experiencing, the staff in the NICU are amazing.

ethan - we've got a whole lotta wheeling and fun trips in store for ya so rest up and get well. looking forward to meeting you!
    2006 Java Black HSE | Rover Specialties sliders | LR skid plate | BajaRack
    Sasquatch rods | GAP Diagnostics EAS | Fancy divider to prevent cargo from crushing my kids
    Northern CA Land Rover Club | Tread Lightly Tread Trainer

Dave and Shawna,

My families thoughts and prayers are with you all. You have a big extended family here, let us know if you need anything.

Robb
    LR3, D90, SIII

just came across this. wow, you guys, that's tough. i know from personal experience - my oldest was born 2 months early and was in the NICU in Santa Cruz for five weeks before coming home. he put us through some scares as well, so can fully appreciate your stress and concern.

best to all, especially little ethan!
    1993 D110

Nothing beats watching a "dude" wrestle chairs while losing his battle with gravity.

Thanks Griff, and to everyone else. Doctors think he may have turned the corner, awaiting words - we will keep folks updated as much as possible.

1964 SIIA 109 | 1973 SIII 88 | 2000 Disco II

Series Restoration
    Buchanan Family Home
    Rover Alley

Update in case you have not heard......

"
    Hello All,

Today has been a triumphant day! Ethan has turned the corner! If you can remember, last night they let me hold him for about an hour and a half. It took some convincing, but they gave in and let me. About an hour after i put him down, he began to improve. Up to this point, he had been okay, but would not get better past a certain point. After leaving he began to get better...and better...so much so that when I went back down in the middle of the night (about 4 hours later) he had made drastic improvements. The level of oxygen that he was requiring had decreased, meaning he could breath better on his own. He was not struggling to take breaths and he was hungry! This trend is what our day has consisted of. He has just gotten better and better. His x-ray showed small amounts of air in his abdominal cavity, but not enough to hinder his breathing. Just an hour ago, while David and I were down visiting him, they took him off of the oxygen tent and put him on the nasal cannula which blows air into the nose. They also set him up in a regular crib and let us put some of his clothes on him!! I cannot believe the amazing turn around in just 18 hours! He just keeps getting better by the moment.

They have discharged me today and I have gotten a slot over at the Ronald McDonald House. David and I will move me over there in about an hour. I'm not sure of their internet access over there which is why I am sending this email now. I will be there until Ethan is discharged. The doctors do not think that will be anytime before Monday. and will probably be sometime early in the week. I have to make this quick, as we have to head over to RMH.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!
    Shawna"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Littelest Buchanan.jpg   photo(5).jpg   photo(8).jpg   photo(9).jpg  
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Sweet!
    1994 RRC LWB
    My projects: www.mmacrue.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @mmacrue

Wow! Great news, hope things continue to go well!
    Gary

NCLR002
    LRRF0016
    NCLR VP Web Admin
    1995 RRC County LWB
    1994 Defender 90 SW

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Congrats guys... Wow, what a scare.. What a blessing to have
    things turn around for the best so quickly... Hopefully everyone
    can get home soon and healthy...

Best Wishes & Prayers...
    Cerrone Family
    Tony - Cerrone's European LRRForums Store

1999 Disco II - aka Black Cobra - Daily Driver
    2006 Range Rover HSE aka Wife's Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Tony DII View Post
    Congrats guys... Wow, what a scare.. What a blessing to have
    things turn around for the best so quickly... Hopefully everyone
    can get home soon and healthy...

Best Wishes & Prayers...
    Cerrone Family
    Thanks Tony. Actually, I think it was the fact that I wore my lucky NCLR shirt Matt sent me last year while I was deployed that was responsible It was all the good vibes coming from California that did the trick!

1964 SIIA 109 | 1973 SIII 88 | 2000 Disco II

Series Restoration
    Buchanan Family Home
    Rover Alley

awesome news you guys! my youngest boy was also 3 weeks early, and now it's looking like he will be even bigger than his full term older brother. the little ones are bigger fighters i think.

great pics, but what's up, almost a week old now and not sporting any LR gear yet? get on it.