Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back from Baja, in one piece!

Quote Originally Posted by norcal relics View Post
    I think you're right. I thought I'd get mistaken for the Taliban cruising across the border! At 100+ degrees it was the only way to make it... THe drive home took 15 hours, and 13 hours of it were above 94 degrees, highest measurement was 107.
    Having the AC on when we did the Woodland meet, on the trail meant I got more dirt in the car sunday than all of sat...and even though it is not the best thing being in the sun as the AC won't work miracles, the wife and baby slept in the car on the way home....must be cool enough...
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Quote Originally Posted by roverdude View Post
    1984 RRC: Eric Zitzmann, Anton (The Swede) & Isso
    1995 RRC LWB: John Gadd & Darby
    1997 Defender: Joe Pfeiffer & Colby

Night One: Ensenada
    Night Two: Cielito Lindo/ San Quentin
    Night Three: Mission Santa Maria
    Night Four: Gonzaga Bay
    Night Five: Gonzaga Bay (Broke Down Defender)
    Night Six: San Felipe
    Whoah! the petrified Sheep... don't leave any bailing twine behind

These are amazing pics... I have to do this all the way to Port Los Angeles
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

eric, a member of the taliban i would never confuse you with in that pic. HOWEVER, if someone were to ask, i very well might describe a lobotomy-scar-hiding, 60-year-old man.

sounds like quite a hoot south-of-the-border. glad everyone made it back safely.
    1993 D110

Nothing beats watching a "dude" wrestle chairs while losing his battle with gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffSC View Post
    eric, a member of the taliban i would never confuse you with in that pic. HOWEVER, if someone were to ask, i very well might describe a lobotomy-scar-hiding, 60-year-old man.

sounds like quite a hoot south-of-the-border. glad everyone made it back safely.
    60? That's a huge compliment...I look damn good for my real age of 37 after what I've been through! Believe it or not, I only went grey after divorcing my first wife and raising my daughter by myself on $7.00 per hour as a bicycle mechanic. I couldn't afford to move out of my mother in law's house, I was forced to stay when I kicked my ex wife out. 75% of all that grey in one year! Every trip to Baja doesn't make my hair darker, but adds those lost stress years back onto the end of my life...

Forgot to include the campsite relaxation shots, sorry again John for waking you up!

Yes, we did pack it all out. ALL of it. Even the beer cans Darby drank. Surprisingly enough, there was no litter anywhere when we got there, but plenty of evidence of past campfires, camping, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00975.JPG   DSC00976.JPG   DSC00977.JPG   DSC00952.JPG   DSC00944.JPG  

DSC00945.JPG  
    Rovers
    50 Series 1
    83 110 V8 County Station Wagon

60? That's a huge compliment...I look damn good for my real age of 37 after what I've been through!
    no argument here!

you're one gorgeous hunk of man... in a four-eyed, bald, beer-swilling, boiler-wearing way.
    1993 D110

Nothing beats watching a "dude" wrestle chairs while losing his battle with gravity.

Looks awesome! Too bad the Defender had problems, but hey, at least you guys didnt have any realllllly bad problems.

Ever want to do it on a motocycle?

BTW, its sad the Paris-Dakar is just the 'Dakar' now, and is going to be run in South America....BUT, this might be the closest thing to a Camel Trophy type of event ever. So it looks fun, but man, not running Sahara really hurts Desert Raid fans. Sorry, hijacking.
    Nick

Nice photos....Iam very jealous. Let mw know the next time you guys head down there.

....sorry again John for waking you up!
    No problem. It allowed me to climb into my newly built bed-thingie. It was so nice.
    West Coast purveyor of early Land Rover Parts
    1995 LWB Aspen Silver Edition. AKA DudeMobile...4.6 chipped w cam & headers...4" lift with 255/85R16 tires (33")...ARB lockers front & rear...Etc, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RoverTech18 View Post
    Nice photos....Iam very jealous. Let mw know the next time you guys head down there.
    No need to be jealous! You would have had to help with the radiator change will let you know on the next group trip!
    Rovers
    50 Series 1

Quote Originally Posted by roverdude View Post
    No problem. It allowed me to climb into my newly built bed-thingie. It was so nice.
    You have to rig up better cooler access though...what's the overall length from front to back?
    Rovers
    50 Series 1