Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunt's 2008 Alaska Expedition

Seems like a candidate for publishing as a Rover's North magazine article....
    Nick

North to Alaska in Aug 2010

Anyone got time in Aug 2010 to buddy up and drive to AK? I'm looking for a micro-caravan (2-3 vehicles).

I tripled the value of my Rover just by filling up the gas tank.

LR3 2005 HSE

Man that would be a dream trip, thanks for sharing!
    Aaron

"Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by ROVRMAN2 View Post
    Anyone got time in Aug 2010 to buddy up and drive to AK? I'm looking for a micro-caravan (2-3 vehicles).
    I have a trip planned for 2014 when my youngest is 5.
    1994 RRC LWB
    My projects: www.mmacrue.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @mmacrue

What a great adventure Brian! Very entertaining write up as well. Keep us in the loop for the entire trip!

Huge Kudos!

I've been to a few forums and think 'expedition' when it comes to Land Rovers and this just exemplifies it to the 'T'. A lot of 'Wow' factors and incredible pictures and storyline. It's funny that I've skipped over this thread over and over until this morning.

My wife has Alaska in her blood. She is part Inuit as her grand mother was born in Pt. Barrow (Northernest tip of Alaska). She had a military background as her deceased father settled into the Lower 48. I managed to go up to Alaska back in 04' to meet her in Anchorage. We took the Alaskan railroad up to Fairbanks and rented a car to drive back to Anchorage. The scenery was exactly like these pictures! There is a Youtube video w/the rock group Goo Goo dolls riding the Alaskan Railroad that shows the train ride scenery that we experienced. A moment we will never forget.

If you can make an Alaskan trip in your lifetime it is well worth it! To this day I continue to think back upon that trip and seeing the most beautiful scenery that I've seen. I'm from the Midwest and have lived in the Southeast for the past 11 years.

Thanks for bringing back the memories! You did what I'll proably never get the chance to do and in a Discovery. Too cool!

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by ROVRMAN2 View Post
    How about fast forward; let's plan a 2012 trip. C yah!
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

I've been re-reading this , some six years after first read . You still got the Disco Brian ?