Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alberta Land Rover Fan

Quote Originally Posted by discobee View Post
    Not sure if it beats Heineken, but hey - I'll save more money! Labatts it is!!!
    And here, I was going to say that Beck's was the winner in his list. To each their own, eh?
    Nick

I lived in Alberta from 1980 until August of 2007. Edmonton for the first 6 years then Fort Mac for the rest. I miss the summers, sunsets in June after 10:30pm and sunrise just before 4 in the am. I miss Banff too.

Bought my Disco II at Alberta Truck and Auto on St. Albert Trail just north of 137th Ave.

Hey,

I'm from Alberta, and was wondering if anyone else from around here knew of a good place to buy parts. I've got a 1997 Range Rover, and need some odds and ends.

Chris' Auto in Edmonton, maybe?

Chris Auto in Edmonton, (Yellowhead Trail and 125 Street 780 455 2404 fixcars@telusplanet.net ) knows how to spell Land Rover, and also to rebuild the Series units and older Range Rovers as well as Jags etc, both bodyshop and mechanical.

They have some Series wrecks out back. That is about the best idea I have, and they might know of an Alberta wrecker that collects dead Rovers. Wrecks are hard to even find as Rovers are so rare to start with.

There are some ex MOD Defenders, (out of Suffield), just west of Edmonton, but the yard owner prices them as future runners rather than wrecks. The squashed bodies are consistent with Brit camo configurations for the colonies.

I have an LR3 so not much help - did get some wheels etc out of the States from a wrecker there, but Alberta, that is a real problem - probably may be somebody in BC lower mainland, but again....
    2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L V8 petrol; 18" x 10 spoke wheels; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K H11 Yellow Ion Fog light bulbs; Rear Cargo area LED lighting; CounterAct LT-2 capacitive corrosion device; LLumar AIR80 Blue Low E clear Infra Red heat reducing side window tint; Upper liftgate cable release; Schrader valve "air in" mod to OEM air tank; Akebono ceramic pads on OEM solid vented discs; 3 Blink signal light mod; Clock on the Dash; LR4 shorter hitch receiver; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav data update.

1997 Range Rover HSE 4.0 at Pick-n-Pull Edmonton

Before you get your hopes up, the 97 RR HSE 4.0 is a fire write off. By that I mean there is not much left.

I found the 4.0 by checking inventory from www.picknpull.com and calling up for Land Rovers anywhere in their inventory. To my surprise, the 4.0 showed as here in Edmonton so I went over and looked at it.

Unfortunately, there is not much salvageable. The tail lights and trailer hitch power connector are good but that is about it.

It appears to have been an engine fire as the valve covers melted along with the interior right to the tailgate.

The car appears to have been converted to coil springs as the rear coils look OK, as does the rear axle - front axle must have got heated up, but looks undamaged. The exterior sheet metal for the most part looks OK however front bumper, grill,front wings etc all gone.

The tranny and transfer case may be OK, but who knows.

I guess the point I am making is that PicknPull is North America wide, and their website lists current vehicles in inventory so it is worth checking on every so often. I gather that a few months back some other "Land Rover" was also in the Edmonton stock as well.
    2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L V8 petrol; 18" x 10 spoke wheels; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K H11 Yellow Ion Fog light bulbs; Rear Cargo area LED lighting; CounterAct LT-2 capacitive corrosion device; LLumar AIR80 Blue Low E clear Infra Red heat reducing side window tint; Upper liftgate cable release; Schrader valve "air in" mod to OEM air tank; Akebono ceramic pads on OEM solid vented discs; 3 Blink signal light mod; Clock on the Dash; LR4 shorter hitch receiver; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav data update.