Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Land Rover Fan

Alberta Land Rover Fan

Hi there,

Anyone else on here from Alberta?

Nathan
    (403) 505-4443

Yes! I'm from Alberta.

Looking at buying my first LR. A 2000 Discovery...am I nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by discobee View Post
    Looking at buying my first LR. A 2000 Discovery...am I nuts?

Warning!

They are life changing. I have never fought with my wife as much as I did when I first got my Rover and started customizing it.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Nathan
    (403) 505-4443

I went for a test drive and checked it out. She looks pretty straight. Never been off-road, and all the maintenance has been done at the local dealer, so they've got all the records. I'm kinda stoked on that. Pretty high km's but she's in good shape. I'm already saving up to replace the head gaskets (I've done a fair bit of reading). But I'm 99.8% certain that this is THE one for me. I'm delirious with excitement.

BC>AB....haha..just kidding... but not kidding about Sharks>Oilers AND Flames... ahha...but seriously, Go Pens! F Edmonton/Calgary/Montreal/Vancouver/Ottawa/Toronto!! And triple F Philadelphia (even though its NOT Canadian).
    Last edited by NHESS81; 10-22-2008 at 12:23 AM.
    Nick

I say Go Molson! Go Labatt's! Go J. Labatt Extra Stout! The best beer around this continent!
    Brockflock
    Disco I SD '99 Stock 144k mi. New stock suspension, new steering box, new rear shaft joints, Cooper Discovery ATR's and announcing a totally redone set of heads. May 2013: Brakes converted to Defender style: Calipers, stainless flex lines, drilled, slotted and vented rotors. Stops like it hit a wall when you stand on them now!
    12-2016 update: Coopers are done. Michelin Defender LTXs on the way!

HAHA...Molson....awesome...
    Nick

Help me fix my Disco when the time comes and I'll export.

That would be awesome! Here in Indiana, they only have Bud. You know why Bud has so many Clydesdales? They are the only horses that can generate enough to fill their bottles!

Yummmmm! Drink up!

I grew up in Buffalo, NY, spent all of my summers until I was about 40 at our beach house in the Township of Ft. Erie, 9 mi. from Buffalo on the Canadian side. Drank lots of OV Spilts, Molson Golden, Extra Stock, Export, and Labatt's Blue. It's all the best there is. Beats a Heineken or real Beck's anytime.
    Brockflock
    Disco I SD '99 Stock 144k mi. New stock suspension, new steering box, new rear shaft joints, Cooper Discovery ATR's and announcing a totally redone set of heads. May 2013: Brakes converted to Defender style: Calipers, stainless flex lines, drilled, slotted and vented rotors. Stops like it hit a wall when you stand on them now!
    12-2016 update: Coopers are done. Michelin Defender LTXs on the way!

Not sure if it beats Heineken, but hey - I'll save more money! Labatts it is!!!