Thread: OBA Installation

OBA Installation

Here is my OBA installation. I removed the stock jack and put the pump in that location.

I installed a chuck in the bumper. It simplifies the use of the hose so I don't have to open the hood when I inflate the tires.

For the switch I removed one of the dashboard switches that used to control the stock radio and replaced it with a on/off switch.

Pump Stats:
    1.35 CFM @ 40 PSI
    1.14 CFM @ 70 PSI
    1.05 CFM @ 90 PSI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hose.JPG   Chuck.JPG   Compressor.JPG  
    Silver '96 Disco
    OME 2.5" Springs, OME HD Shocks, Borla Exhaust
    ARB Front Bumper and TJM Rear, Custom Sliders, 235/85 MTs, Detroit Tru-Trak, OBA, RTE HD Steering

Great job! I need to do something like that. So many mods, so little time ....
    Brian
    2004 Discovery II G4 Edition - aka Jack
    2002 Freelander SE Gone.
    KØDTJ
    Avatar photo by Ron B., Oregon Discovery Trail 2008

I finally finished my oba too. is that a Viair pressure switch you're using?
    99 D1...

It is a Viar switch. I am using the 90/125 PSI option. It really is a nice way to go since the High current relay is included in the switch.
    Silver '96 Disco
    OME 2.5" Springs, OME HD Shocks, Borla Exhaust
    ARB Front Bumper and TJM Rear, Custom Sliders, 235/85 MTs, Detroit Tru-Trak, OBA, RTE HD Steering

I couldn't pass up the viair switch either, but I went the 110/150 psi/40amp relay. those makes everything look alot cleaner under the hood.
    99 D1...