Thread: help! help! 2000 land rover discovery firing sequence

Red face help! help! 2000 land rover discovery firing sequence

i am fustrated and the dealer wouldn't help. i've recently updated my spark plugs and the ignition wiring set. i did not realize that it has a certain sequence. i am stuck for the last two days at home and seriously in need of help in fixing the problem. please help Vash_1998@yahoo.com

Firing order = 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
    Spark plugs = Champion RN11YCC
    Spark plug gap = .038-.041"

Cylinders (front to rear) -
    Left bank 1-3-5-7
    Right bank 2-4-6-8
    (as with all GM V8s)
    Ron/Rocky - '04 Discovery S
    Usually found somewhere in Lyon, Pershing, Churchill, Lander, Humboldt Counties..

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky112540
    Firing order = 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
    Spark plugs = Champion RN11YCC
    Spark plug gap = .038-.041"

Cylinders (front to rear) -
    Left bank 1-3-5-7
    Right bank 2-4-6-8
    (as with all GM V8s)
    Hello Rocky112540 and thank you so much for replying

Thank you so much for replying but i am afraid that i don't follow. what you have stated is exactly as the owner's manuel...that i follow. what i don't understand is what sequence that i needed to hook up to the two distributor caps.

from the front of the car looking inward, there are two distributor caps...from the left to the right #s shown on caps...top row
    left right

top 3 2 1 4
    bottom 4 1 2 3

From left to right, facing the car, from the passenger to the driver, the order is : 2-3-4-7-8-5-6-1

Red face still needing help...that's what the owners manuel diagram shown

Quote Originally Posted by LREPILLINI
    From left to right, facing the car, from the passenger to the driver, the order is : 2-3-4-7-8-5-6-1
    maybe that i am incredibly dense....

from front of vehicle looking inward....from left to right

distributor cap from left to right top row...3- 2- 1- 4
    distributor cap from left to right bottome row....4- 1- 2 -3

still needing help

I don't get where the confusion is, but I will look at my car when I get home and see if I can figure it out.

Well, sure I have no idea what you are talking about. First, there is no distributor in the 4.0 V8 of mine, not even one cup, so forget about two.
    There are four double coils in line, there is no top or botton. What are you talking about?

coil>ignition wire order

Hi Vash,I assume you have a discovery series 2 if so here is what you are looking for there are two coil packs at back of intake manifold each coil assembly is marked 1thru 4 .starting on drivers side look at coil pack & connect ignition wires to numbered coil towers
    #1=cylinder #6
    #2=cylinder #4
    #3=cylinder #7
    #4=cylinder #1
    (passenger side coil pack)
    #1=cylinder#3
    #2=cylinder#5
    #3=cylinder#8
    #4=cylinder#2
    Good luck!!
    Frank Cerrone
    www.LRRForums.com
    Mods 4.6 ltr engine conversion, 3 "Rovertym lift,1 " spacers,cones,rear links,Bilsteins 7100 shocks,Safarigard 3 link,Safarigard rear tire carrier, Rovertracks H/D front axles with Longfield c/vs,rear Salisbury with Rovertracks 35 spline axles, GBR 4:11s gears,GBR 49% transfer box low range gears, ARB lockers,front & rear,37" Pro Comp XTerrain Tires mounted on stock Wheels, 30MM wheel spacers,Mastercraft Seats front & rear with 5 point seatbelts

coil pack bottom row from passenger side to drivers side plug wires 2,3,4,7 coil pack top row from passenger side to drivers side plug wires8,5,6,1...2000 land rover....Rome

thanks rome, you delivered today.

does the intake ever cool off? and I hate #4