Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: land rover owners in Iowa

land rover owners in Iowa

Anyone know of any offroad events in or near Des MOines Iowa?

I wish...

Been out to Willis Auto and they said they may try and arrange something. But *censored**censored**censored**censored* screw them lets do are own thing p.m. sometime. Chris

If you're up for any rec wheeling pm me, I'm in the Des Moines area. If you're into camping and almost burying you're vehicle in mud I have a place during the summer time we can go that isn't very far.

Quote Originally Posted by gdwhite480 View Post
    If you're up for any rec wheeling pm me, I'm in the Des Moines area. If you're into camping and almost burying you're vehicle in mud I have a place during the summer time we can go that isn't very far.
    Now you're talking ! We just lost our little play area out near Adel due to our man trading his D-90 in on a H1 Hummer.
    There are 3 or four of us with a variety of rovers and even a G-wagon and we are all icthin' to get the rigs muddy.Please keep us informed.
    Cheers,
    Lindy

Due to the trade? Lol H1 doesn't wheel too well?

I certainly will. Although where I wheel is in the completely different direction, as in Runnells... Not much for trails but there is open area to camp and deep mud bogs to play in. With the way the snow had treated us, I think ill be heading out as soon as its nice enough..

We'll definatey need to get together sometime, but we're more into trails than big mud holes. Although I would like to see a Range Rover hit the bogs.
    Cheers

Id love to hit the trails, I'm not too knowledgeable of the trails around here, if there are any.. I've contemplated checking out the miobi area in Hamilton, I've heard they have a mild trails for rigs that aren't modded too heavily, but that's yet to be confirmed.. ive never been there.

We've never been to MIOBI either, but i've heard good things about it a s well as how nice the owner is. I hear he has a fleet of old Internationals for recovery rigs. Maybe we can plan something for the spring.
    Cheers,
    Eric

If not MIOBI than at least something. This nice weather has me shaking like a bitch in heat..

I just hope its not too wild there, I'm completely stock for the time being. Not that I'm scared.. but yea.

Hopefully you were able to enjoy the weather more than me yesturday. I spent all my free time rewiring my tall lights, in shorts of course !
    Cheers