Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scam Alert!

Scam Alert!

Looks like this guy has scammed many on different Rover Boards.
    His name is William Maniscalco from Ohio
    e-mail addresses: themaniscalcofamily@gmail.com & bighorseelover@yahoo.com
    Name on boards: 2OldRovers & CornishCreme
    DO NOT send him money or PayPal.

thanks for the post! i have not seen those names here, but will look at the members list.

edit:
    both names are not on this site. i will put a sticky on this post.
    Last edited by daway; 02-17-2008 at 01:51 PM.

1993 RRC, LWB parting out
    1993 RRC, LWB "Bertha" Parting out. 71,900
    1991 RRC, (dads) RIP, 1990 to 2008. Helping out Rangie owners in 5 Continents.

Looking for a Sii or Siia 88"!

"Like most British cars, the design is intended to drip some of the engine oil on the ground so you know it is not yet empty, and to help replenish the Earth's future oil reserves."
    rr.net

I bought RRC parts from him about a year ago. He strung me along for more than a month with tales of a sick family member who subsequently died, then said he shipped the parts but they were returned to him as undeliverable.

He did eventually send them, but he charged me 50 bucks apiece for power seat controls and the driver's side control was NGF. I informed him of this but never heard back from him. Not surprised that others have had problems with him.

Here's the info I have on him. He was using the name hue166 on the Rovers North board where I encountered him:

swmaniscalco@gmail.com, or hue166@gmail.com

His address is:
    2015 Kensington Drive
    Dayton, Ohio
    937-684-4128
    Last edited by TigerDan; 03-22-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added info
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

dude Guest
    sounds like a Kyle Van Tassel in training.

I wonder if this is the A$$ that has my TR6 front bumper....I dealt with a Bill something-or-other about 15 yrs ago when I lived in Ohio, he had a ton of British cars in a yard that he said was all sold and shipping overseas. We traded stuff, but I left my bumper with him, and vowed to get me another (later model). Never heard/saw from him again - even though I tried to find him and get in touch.
    http://www.facebook.com/edthefanman
    Lets not aaargue about whoooo killed whooo!

Does anyone know anything about ITLDiesel?

I paypal'ed him for a sunroof motor then realized he has one post, then realized his PP name is listed as Don Johnson. Oops, hope its really Don, maybe I can get some cheap Scarab parts also!

Caveat emptor. That's all I will say about Don Johnson. If you dispute the payment, PayPal freezes those funds. You'll probably get a quick response then.
    Last edited by roverdude; 07-02-2010 at 11:44 AM.
    West Coast purveyor of early Land Rover Parts
    1995 LWB Aspen Silver Edition. AKA DudeMobile...4.6 chipped w cam & headers...4" lift with 255/85R16 tires (33")...ARB lockers front & rear...Etc, etc, etc.

Wow, you speak Latin John...? You really are a multi-faceted individual...
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

I'm a jerk, Don johnson sent me my sunroof motor. Sorry Don.

Will has surfaced in CO and up to his same old tricks. Here's some old but interesting stories of the guy....
    LINK TO PIRATE4X4
    West Coast purveyor of early Land Rover Parts
    1995 LWB Aspen Silver Edition. AKA DudeMobile...4.6 chipped w cam & headers...4" lift with 255/85R16 tires (33")...ARB lockers front & rear...Etc, etc, etc.