Thread: MDR race in barstow feb 2008

MDR race in barstow feb 2008

Well I saw gerry's RRC race by...

Unfortunately i didn't have much time to scope out the race. we had our own problems..our race truck got t boned by another race truck yesterday evening. while out pre running the course. our truck was traveling about 60 mph down a access road and the other truck was traveling at about 60mph and down a sand wash that ran perpendicular to the road... and wham... our truck landed on its side after rolling about 8 times and flying more than 150 ft from the initial impact. the other truck landed on its roof... thank god every one walked away with minor injuries. not the best way to start the first race of the season... all that really matter though is that every one is ok.
    every thing else is just $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

over and out

E
    1992 RRC
    1994 Toyota Pickup

We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.

Thats to bad and I now know why we didn't see you out there. Primarly because we were looking for your classic and Max's Disco. Gerry and Abe got the news about your truck and told us Friday night but I didn't realize it was your group.
    Gerry did race and won! As far as for us spectators we had a good time traversing Stoddard Wells road and watching the race go bye at multiple locations.

CB

Yeah I was down for the count on this race anyway, massive sinus infection and a 100+ temp., no condition to travel to a 4th word country like Barstow. Went to the doctor, got all kinds of steroids and enough antibiotics to cure death and I'm on the mend.

Will be out there for the next one for sure, it's the Barstow B course, which is a better course for spectating, plus I have all the beer I bought for this race stockpiled, so the after-race party is going to just that much better.

Chris, what's the word on the race-LR3, haven't talked to Gerry in a while, though it looks like he's got the wheels I want for the Disco on his Classic so I may need to stop by and bother him on Monday.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem.

Stop bye and bother him on Monday because I don't have a clue.

Chris

Nice classic!! Bummer on the damage!
    Aaron

"Life is to be lived.If you have to support yourself, you had bloddy well better find some way that is going to be interesting....And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself"
    -Katherine Hepburn