Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tahoe National Forest Closures

Tahoe National Forest Closures

Well they are at it again. This time they are looking to close up to 2400 miles of trails!! This effects all outdoor enthusiasts from Mt. bikers to hikers to kayakers. So if you guys are on other outdoor websites throw a link up there and get more people to spread the word. I received a flyer at the Greenhorn clean up, I will attach a scanned image. There is an email address there that you can email to get info about land use issues. Lets get involved people!! I will update with more info as I receive it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trail_closures.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PCrover; 12-10-2007 at 08:42 PM.
    Cameron
    1995 RRC LWB
    LT230 Swap
    3" Lift
    255/85/16's

I can't download the flyer due to too large a file size at just over 5mb. Is there a way to accomplish this? Help!
    Ok well I was able to get it on here in PDF, I prefer the other type but this will have to do for now.
    OOpps. Looks like I scanned it upside down. Well it is easily rotated. I will also include the gals email here so you can cut and paste and make it easier for ya guys. Email awestling@fs.fed.us and ask to be on the OHV email notification list.
    Last edited by cambo; 12-10-2007 at 08:16 PM.
    Cameron
    1995 RRC LWB
    LT230 Swap
    3" Lift
    255/85/16's

Shrink the scanned image to a size that will be accepted or email it to Gary or Tony to fit to size.
    1994 RRC LWB
    My projects: www.mmacrue.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @mmacrue

They're at it all over the place. Moab, El Dorado National Forest, this will only get worse thanks to the tree-huggers.

Quote Originally Posted by jhmover View Post
    They're at it all over the place. Moab, El Dorado National Forest, this will only get worse thanks to the tree-huggers.
    It is so frustrating. All they seem to want to do is close everything. What about our kids? What about all the gosh darn money I put in my rig to only drive it to work?! It makes me think twice when I am upgrading the rig.
    Cameron
    1995 RRC LWB
    LT230 Swap
    3" Lift
    255/85/16's

What we need is one gigantic organization with all the people who do anything in the forest with wheels and call it the Anti-Sierra Club or someting, if all the groups like the Blue Ribbon Coalition, CA4WD (and all the other 4WD clubs in other states) we'd have some buying power in Washington, DC like the Sierra Club does. (and don't tell me those people in DC aren't bought - why the DC stands for District of Criminals.

Makes me think of selling mine...already....whats the point in having four wheel drive vehicle parked all the time? Not like I am driving the Rangie to save gas money, nor do I have a family or tons of stuff to haul around, nor do I work anywhere that needs a large vehicle....its SOLE purpose is to go off-road.

I thought we were in a pretty good balance, then the last few months all of these closures/threats of closure have been coming up, am I stupid, or is it at least a little bit out of the blue? Is it tied in with 'global warming' and how SUVs and people 'destroy the environment?'
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by jhmover View Post
    .........and the jackass' that don't clean up after themselves, blaze new trails where they don't belong and their lack of respect for the environment, giving the greenies something to whine about.
    Mike LRRForums #25NCLR #31
    98 Disco- Gone but not forgotten
    07 JK Rubicon, el jeepo on 37's, 5.38's and EVO coilovers
    "Grab some pine, meat!"
    GO GIANTS

In memory
    A.Stevens#13739
    EOW 11-17-05
    T. Diaz #140
    EOW 6-15-08

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

No matter what I want to do they want to outlaw it. Guns, 4 wheel drives, fishing, hunting, you name it - they're stepping on it.

America, Land of the Free...free to do only as we are told.
    Nick