Thread: BLM Strikes Again!!

BLM Strikes Again!!

Well the BLM has struck again and were very sneaky about it. I just posted a thread on the Greenhorn OHV area her in Grass Valley and now they are trying to shut it down. I have been in contact with some locals and I have info so that we can send letters, email, etc. to the BLM to keep this area open. We are also planning a cleanup on Sunday Dec. 2nd. This would be a great time to spread NCLR's wings and show everyone we go outside the bay area. Please send letters or emails regarding Greenhorn even if you never plan to go there. We need to let thme know we have a voice and a loud one!! If there are any takers I am sure we can turn this into a nice little wheeling trip as well. The file as a pic is too big, please see the link.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631000

Scroll down a ways and see the flier with all the info. Thanks!!
    Cameron
    1995 RRC LWB
    LT230 Swap
    3" Lift
    255/85/16's

So, wait, because you posted about going there, they want to shut it down? What is their reasoning?
    Nick

Cam. are you Mchomes?

Nick there has been an extensive route "designation" process where the FS has decided to close anything off road that hasn't been deemed a trail or right of way. Initialy the FS was trying to slide this one by unnoticed but once the orv community got wind of it there has been a fight.

Go to pirate4x4.com and checkl out the land use forums to see what really going on.

Oh and I'm in for GV on the second. Let's get out there and rattle some cages to save our wheeling spots.
    Ryan or RV

I sold it all.. Now i'm bummed. Hahahaha..

BACON!!!!!!

Nope not MChomes. He is another local. I am pretty disappointed in the response. I thought there would be a lot more support and less Craigslist ads.
    Cameron
    1995 RRC LWB
    LT230 Swap
    3" Lift
    255/85/16's

Well, hopefully the Jeep crowd can pick up our slack? I thought things were going good for OHV parks in CA. Anyone send an email off to Daphne Greene yet?
    Nick

I went all day today. There were new gates and signs everywhere. I hadn't before realized that many of the fun climbs and trails were on private land. Interestingly, the land that 'intimidator' hill is on is for sale. There is a flat buildable area on top, but its off the grid(no pge). There were two deputies on quads. They were being really cool, but said that BlM is pushing for closure. I asked if they were aware of the dec 2 cleanup planned by www.pirate4x4.com and they were very encouraging, and said that sending pics to BLM would help. Then there were the usual idiots shooting without adequate backstops, whiskey in hand. There is a new burnt vehicle there every time I go. I would be willing to pay 10bucks a day to use the place as an offroad park if it could prevent the abuse.
    97 d1 willow green xd 9000, 2" rte, rte sliders, bmprs, steer'g, damp reloc, rovertracks non abs cvs & shafts, custom swingout, DL rear TT front, D2 flares, 25585 maxxis.
    07 Lr3 chawton white