Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Timm Cooper's Series Land Rover Disc Brake Conversion

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    Only reason I'm still interested in the rear discs is for towing purposes. The front discs really help with stopping my V8. But under a full load on a steep mountain incline I've had enough white knuckle experiences to want more braking power!
    I doubt he cares much anymore

series disc brakes

I spoke with Great Basin Rovers and Bill stated that he will take over production of the kit.Which hopefully means they will be available soon.
    1960, 88 ,vortec 350 ,np 435,........ADVANCE ADAPTERS SERIES T/C ADAPTER....."B" suffix series case,powersteering, 3.54's ,rd56's maxidrvie rear shafts,gb hd cvs,four wheel disc brakes.......oh yeah no straight panels and not much paint left.
    1987 range with springs
    1995 disco wifes car ,no touchie(unless it needs love)

whoah! tell me more grasshopper

Quote Originally Posted by blue bomber View Post
    I spoke with Great Basin Rovers and Bill stated that he will take over production of the kit.Which hopefully means they will be available soon.
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

Great work.......

The Timm Cooper Disc Brake Conversion for Series Land Rovers is back in production.

www.roamoffroad.com

Enjoy!

Brian

Glad to see somebody took the "bull by the horns" and properly marketed the best kit out there! trust me there are no substitutes

If you need more pics of my old 88" setup using EBC slotted rotors and pads I will be happy to submit them.

Me and Timm drove that Series 1 109 to Moab one year and it scared the s..t out of me on I70 in the rain with 37"Super Swampers... who owns it now??
    Last edited by SloHybrid; 10-04-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

Quote Originally Posted by SloHybrid View Post
    If you need more pics of my old 88" setup using EBC slotted rotors and pads I will be happy to submit them.

We'd love to have a testimonial and a picture from you. Please submit it to info@roamoffroad.com. I think it's important to illustrate to people how long this conversion has been around and how many happy customers it has served.

Thanks for the kind words!

Brian

I don't have Timm's conversion, but I do have the sliders he built for me on my 1988 RRC. Timm promised if they ever bent into my doors, he would do all the repairs for free. I have yet to take him up on that offer. I bet there are a bunch of people out here who can attest to the builder!
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB

Happy New Year!

I wanted to alert readers of this thread that we began shipping the Timm Cooper Disc Brake conversion in late November 2011 and still have some in stock. We're gearing up for another production run later this month which will also include conversions for Series Land Rovers running the late 1980 and forward style wheel bearings. ROAM OFFROAD will be manufacturing some new products for Series Land Rovers in 2012 and hope you'll find them as exciting as we do!

www.roamoffroad.com

Thanks!
    Brian

I bought the new Roam Offroad disc brakes as soon as I heard they were shipping them. Brian found out about my 109 restoration and figured it would be a great opportunity to take photos for a "How to---". So last Friday Brian and Timm Cooper came to my house and installed, took photos, and bs'ed the day away. I got to watch, paint, learn! To see photos and read the story see my blog; www.poppageno.blogspot.com gene
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00695.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	879.2 KB 
ID:	27438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00710 (1).JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	899.4 KB 
ID:	27439Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00714 (1).JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	884.2 KB 
ID:	27440
    1960 88 diesel bitsa
    1960 109 in progress
    1993 RRC