Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent Meeting

I'm going. leaving San Ramon at around 7:30 PM
    [/SIGPIC]Enrique, Susie, Sebastian 12 & Isabel 4yrs old.

Mexxi's Restaurant & Catering.
    Catering to the farthest corner of the planet, in a Land Rover, of course!

Land Rover stable:
    1962 IIA 109 Reg. in resurrection process.
    1992 RRC SOLD
    1998 Disco I with a peppy 4.6
    2006 LR3 HSE

:bump:
    Tim Scully

95 D90 SW
    95 RR LWB
    81 CJ-8

I will try an make it, but since I was in Oregon for four days - I am somewhat in the penalty box.
    David
    Director of Affairs
    NCLR Club
    www.NCLRclub.org

'05 LR3 Zambezi Silver
    ARB Bull Bar
    Superwinch EP9.0
    Rasta Sill Guards
    Nitto Terra Grapplers
    LR Raised Air Intake
    Hannibal Rack
    Hannibal Awning
    Rear Access Ladder

David, let your wife know that this is for a good cause, and that Ron (who was w/you the Oregon Trail) is somewhat in a penalty box also (I left you guys early so half penalty ). His wife is allowing him out of the box tonight!

Ok, let me make dinner (get points) and I'm heading soon after (about 7:30am); should be there by 8pm. Catch half of this event and understand what this is all about and how we can help!
    NCLR BOD www.nclrclub.org

SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/p...?user_id=47904

Tread Lightly Trainer

2004 Java Black D2 SE7 "Family AUV" - All-Around Utility Vehicle

1990 CT D110 "Support and Touring Vehicle"

1990 White RRC - Dedicated "Trail Rig"

Huge turn out! Saw Enrique and thought I saw Tim; anyways large crowd of supporters to keep the trails as they are/open!

Summary

For the past two years the Forest Service (FS) has been working with the public to develop a range of alternative options intended to managed wheeled motorized vehicles on existing routes thru-out the El Dorado National Forest (EDNS). How the FS gathered comments/surveyed people and who they asked are not known to me (and questionable to most). Certainly, I've visited EDNS a few times this past 2 years, and have not seen any questionaire or heard FS was seeking comments re: trail closures!

With the FS release of the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS), the project is moving towards a final decision. An official 45 day public comments began July 20 and ends Sept 4, 2007 (hence reason for the public meeting yesterday in Pleasant Hill). All comments will be reviwed and final decision made by Dec 2007.

What can you do?

In the meantime, the FS is seeking input from the public on the documents (Alts posted by David and Tim above) prior to final decision.

Read up on it. It's not too late to send your opinions, comments or questions. Email to: comments-pacificsouthwest-eldorado@fs.fed.us

Email your comments in text, rft or word.doc with the following important information:

You location/date: e.g. City of Berkeley/August 3
    Your Name: e.g. Joe Wanna Enjoy Rubicon
    Your Mailing Address: e.g. 123 Axle Row, Locker City, CA
    Your Email Address: e.g. Joe@Iwantfuturegentoenjoytheforest.Com
    Your Comments: e.g. I support alt A

Names and address of those who comment will be considered part of the public record. Comments submitted anonymously will be accepted, but will not have standing appeal.

Observations:

It seems to me (IMHO) with the growing number of outdoor motorized vehicle enthusiast 4x4, quads, dirt bikes, snow mobiles.... that FS might have not completely looked at all other ideas (maybe intentionally or un-intentionally) during the study.

There were questions yesterday in such that points e.g. rather closing a popular trail...have you thought of this.... For example, the question came up re: has the FS thought of building a small connecting bridge over water crossing vs closing the trails due to "water focus" or water concerns. We pay gasoline "taxes" and other funding sources e.g. "green stickers" that can support the expense if FS presented the idea. Just several of the questions like this unanswered.

Last

Daphane Green was present yesterday; she is an outdoor enthusiast as you all well know and supports us. She also works for the Governor. She pointed out to the crowd that this is a heads up, and that each of the other 15 National Forest in California will be going to similar process.

Scary!

And she encouraged each one of us to contact our local representative (who you voted for the by way) and help share your concerns up in Sacramento.
    Last edited by RonCT110; 08-06-2007 at 06:17 AM.

Tread Lightly Trainer

bump

Also Enrique, I have copies of the trail maps, closure info and what not you left in my truck. I'll hold them for you.

And thanks for bringing some Mexxi's burrito/treat. That was tasty! Perfect! All that trail closure talk made me angry and hungry! C yah!

Tread Lightly Trainer

Thanks for the information

Quote Originally Posted by Rondisco98 View Post
    Huge turn out! Saw Enrique and thought I saw Tim; anyways large crowd of supporters to keep the trails as they are/open!

Summary

For the past two years the Forest Service (FS) has been working with the public to develop a range of alternative options intended to managed wheeled motorized vehicles on existing routes thru-out the El Dorado National Forest (EDNS). How the FS gathered comments/surveyed people and who they asked are not known to me (and questionable to most). Certainly, I've visited EDNS a few times this past 2 years, and have not seen any questionaire or heard FS was seeking comments re: trail closures!

With the FS release of the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS), the project is moving towards a final decision. An official 45 day public comments began July 20 and ends Sept 4, 2007 (hence reason for the public meeting yesterday in Pleasant Hill). All comments will be reviwed and final decision made by Dec 2007.

What can you do?

In the meantime, the FS is seeking input from the public on the documents (Alts posted by David and Tim above) prior to final decision.

Read up on it. It's not too late to send your opinions, comments or questions. Email to: comments-pacificsouthwest-eldorado@fs.fed.us

Email your comments in text, rft or word.doc with the following important information:

You location/date: e.g. City of Berkeley/August 3
    Your Name: e.g. Joe Wanna Enjoy Rubicon
    Your Mailing Address: e.g. 123 Axle Row, Locker City, CA
    Your Email Address: e.g. Joe@Iwantfuturegentoenjoytheforest.Com
    Your Comments: e.g. I support alt A

Names and address of those who comment will be considered part of the public record. Comments submitted anonymously will be accepted, but will not have standing appeal.

Observations:

It seems to me (IMHO) with the growing number of outdoor motorized vehicle enthusiast 4x4, quads, dirt bikes, snow mobiles.... that FS might have not completely looked at all other ideas (maybe intentionally or un-intentionally) during the study.

There were questions yesterday in such that points e.g. rather closing a popular trail...have you thought of this.... For example, the question came up re: has the FS thought of building a small connecting bridge over water crossing vs closing the trails due to "water focus" or water concerns. We pay gasoline "taxes" and other funding sources e.g. "green stickers" that can support the expense if FS presented the idea. Just several of the questions like this unanswered.

Last

Daphane Green was present yesterday; she is an outdoor enthusiast as you all well know and supports us. She also works for the Governor. She pointed out to the crowd that this is a heads up, and that each of the other 15 National Forest in California will be going to similar process.

Scary!

And she encouraged each one of us to contact our local representative (who you voted for the by way) and help share your concerns up in Sacramento.
    Wow, it was kind of scary where I was sitting seeing this sea of people who obviously oppose what is happening.

Great feedback on the meeting, Ill have my notes on here as soon as I have a few seconds to get them together and stop long enough...

Please Keep the info coming guys. I have a list of some of the trails I see getting closed that I like but look at the maps and let everyone know what trails you don't want closed( I know all of them, but specific trails are important for the feedback)
    Tim Scully

95 D90 SW
    95 RR LWB
    81 CJ-8

BUMP - I have emailed my comment. Please make sure you do as well.
    David
    Director of Affairs
    NCLR Club
    www.NCLRclub.org

'05 LR3 Zambezi Silver
    ARB Bull Bar
    Superwinch EP9.0
    Rasta Sill Guards
    Nitto Terra Grapplers
    LR Raised Air Intake
    Hannibal Rack
    Hannibal Awning
    Rear Access Ladder

Keep the comments coming; period for accepting comments extended!

Bump!

Also just got a letter from the USDA Forest Service that comments period for the draft plan has been extended till October 22, 2007.

Agreed; I was surprised w/sea of people protesting! Let's keep the comments coming!

Tread Lightly Trainer