Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fibreglass Sand Ladder - Experimental Group Buy

Thanks for the ideas... Looking for bridging ladders like the posts suggests. Who has the cheapest/ best value ladders?

Thoughts on the new TJ...Traction Jack being offered on this site...www.tractionjack.com

DarrinK

Quote Originally Posted by DarrinK View Post
    Thanks for the ideas... Looking for bridging ladders like the posts suggests. Who has the cheapest/ best value ladders?

Thoughts on the new TJ...Traction Jack being offered on this site...www.tractionjack.com

DarrinK
    I don't know about the best, but I've yet to find a bridging ladder for less than the ones I built. The reason I built them was part price but more so, I wanted them to store up under the truck - which they do. Now that harvest is over, I'm going back to my tinkering room to see if I can link two 44 inch bridges together and span a 88 inch gap. Jeremy and I tested my first link across about 60 inch gap and it held up so I'm getting close to the right design.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	26520

Traction Jacks look like they have some merit but the price puts them out of my abilities. Most folks go with the fiberglass grating as it's light, cheap and doesn't rust.
    http://www.fibreglassgrating.com/bridgingladders.html
    Last edited by Green Achers; 11-09-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor

Bill, where under the truck do you store your ladders? Pics?
    '99 DII, STI wires, Champion 7070s, '04 CDL, ARB Bull Bar, Warn winch, Garvin WILDERNESS rack, painted headliner, air springs victim, headgaskets at 109,000, plus victim of XYZ and many other ridiculous DII failures. AMIGO FREE since February 2011.

Runs like a top; now if I could just afford the gas!

Ya, Everyone wants to see pictures of the storage location. I've yet to roll my truck so that ain't going to happen.

The storage is: Under the rig, Outside the frame, Between the wheels. The void is large enough to hold two of my ladders on each side (total of four).

CONS: Added weight. Not accessible if tires sink in. (The problem would be if you get stuck in mud, snow, sand without having them out... you'll be digging to get them out! I don't plan on being surprised by getting axle deep but I'm willing to dig if I do.)

PROS: Theft resistance (Out of sight is out of mind). Zero wind drag. Keeps added weight CG low. Cheap to build. Ladders can link together rigid or pivoting (so they will span a gap or help you over a fallen tree).

Are you interested in selling a set?

DarrinK

I weld like a farmer. I'll send you instructions if you'd like so you can have a friend (or local shop) fab them up.