Thread: Both remotes suddeny not working??

Both remotes suddeny not working??

So my wife tried to open her LR3 today, but the remote (which is a little more than a year old) didn't do anything. No unlocking doors or flashing lights. She then tried the original fob, but it didn't work either.

Manually unlocking worked via the key lock under the handle (setting the alarm off until the key was in the ignition). What could be the issue?

Neither remote works to lock or unlock, one remote has 10 year old batteries and the other is barely over a year old. I can't see it being the fob batteries, both remotes failing at the same time is just too much of a coincidence.

Nothing else has changed, we parked the truck outside at night and locked it, then tried to unlock it the next morning.

Any suggestions/hep would be much appreciated!

Found many links, but going through them one at a time.

One says to check fuses 11E and 17E. Where are they?? I don't have my manual anymore, but the only ones I can find are all "F".

Hey, unfortunately you may not find this too helpful, but Iíll post it for what itís worth. Same exact thing occurred all of a sudden with my 06 LR3. After having replaced batteries in both key fobs, we still had no resolution. I did a bunch of research that led me to first checking the fuses, nothing there. Continued research indicated a possible corroding of the wiring under the passenger side front door sill. I ripped all that out and found nothing wrong in there. Then I found a post saying that possibly the corrosion occurred at the drivers door sill. Nope. Ultimately the fix for me was to buy an LR4 and be done with it. You may possibly have the corrosion issue, otherwise Iím stumped. Hopefully youíll find resolution and donít have to go to the stealership.
    Brian

2012 LR4/D4 HSE LUX, 275/65/18 BFG AT KO2's

COMPOMITIVE PD1881'S

JOHNSON RODS 2.5" LIFT FULL TIME

SIMPLY PRACTICAL

Well, found out the cause. Went camping last month, picked up a family of mice. Trapped 4, but a fifth was hanging out in the headliner, and nibbled the wire leading to the fob antenna. $2500 later, LR3 was fixed, decontaminated, detailed and returned. I have zero clue how they got in, but above the headliner was disgusting, as well as under the rear two fold down seats.

I must say I hear the term "stealerships" quite a bit here. Mine was literally the exact opposite. The tech knew about all the usual suspect areas listed here and on other Rover websites, checked off everything on my list before I even gave it to him! Our 2008 LR3 has been well used, but it got the same treatment as a new Range Rover. My wife even got a supercharged 2018 Jag XR as a loaner vehicle. My tech is a car guy at heart, so that helps, but the dealership went above and beyond by photoing and documenting everything for our insurance company.
    Thankfully, we pay about $30 per year for some extra insurance package that includes lost key replacement (we used it once and saved $400) and now covers this rodent damage.

Yikes....do you park outside or in a garage? This is one of my biggest fears!

Read first line of my above post. You also asked why it's so dead here. I get a string of error messages 3/4 of the time when I try to post, have to do it multiple times. Must be something wrong with the website.
    Last edited by taemian; 10-17-2018 at 07:20 PM.

This is what shows up many times.

Function name must be a string on line 1566 in /home/cerrone/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php
    #0 /home/cerrone/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(1021): vB_BbCodeParser->parse_array(Array, 1, 1, 0)
    #1 /home/cerrone/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(542): vB_BbCodeParser->parse_bbcode('[QUOTE=taemian;...', 1, 1, 0)
    #2 /home/cerrone/public_html/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(456): vB_BbCodeParser->do_parse('[QUOTE=taemian;...', 0, 1, 1, 1, true, false, NULL, false, 1)
    #3 /home/cerrone/public_html/forum/includes/class_dm.php(1597): vB_BbCodeParser->parse('[QUOTE=taemian;...', 26, 1, true)
    #4 /home/cerrone/public_html/forum/includes/class_dm_threadpost.php(483): vB_DataManager->verify_image_count('pagetext', 'allowsmilie', 26, 'post')
    #5 /home/cerrone/public_html/forum/includes/class_dm_threadpost.php(732): vB_DataManager_ThreadPost->pre_save_post(true)
    #6 /home/cerrone/public_html/forum/includes/functions_newpost.php(616): vB_DataManager_Post->pre_save()
    #7 /home/cerrone/public_html/forum/newreply.php(451): build_new_post('reply', Array, Array, Array, Array, Array)
    #8 {main}

....that stuff means nothing to me, unfortunately. I'm not a Moderator or Webmaster or anything.

Does your LR3 stay in a garage or outside?

Does your LR3 stay in a garage or outside?[/QUOTE]

Garaged at home, was NOT garaged where we caught the mice.

Ahhh...I see. That makes me feel a little better. My LR3 stays in the garage at home, and doesn't stay anywhere else unless we are camping. There used to be mice around my home since the neighborhood was still being built and hence plenty of open fields for mice to live. Now, not so much.