Thread: LR3 Half Shafts

LR3 Half Shafts

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me out.. (1) are the rear half shaft same for the left and right? (2) are they the same for the front, left & right? (3) to pop the half shaft out of the differential, is there any special tool I'll need or the old fashion ply bar to pop them off the differential? (4) Can I reuse the c-clip from the end of the half shaft? (5) Are there any got-ya I should be worry when removing the half-shaft like seal make pop out or fluid lead?

Thanks for the advise.

good questions. Would be nice to carry a spare on my longer adventures.
    Land Rover bolt-ons: Light guards, A-Frame pedestrian catcher, Off Road Lights (unbolted: Mud Flaps & running boards)
    Mods: 32" Goodyear DuraTrac, Rover Specialties Sliders Opt2-Slim, 2" Lift Adj Height Arms, Overhead DVD Player, Kenwood V500 Touch Screen GPS, Swap Factory Sub for 500w Monoblock Sub Amp , Painted Rims, Powder coated Mantec Skid Plate, Hardwired V1
    Looking for: Rack, Ladder, Swing Away Spare

Spent all night looking up and found my answers No two half shaft are the same. In fact the half-shaft for the rear are different between open and e-lock diff... That's a lot of spare part of stock

Bummer. Maybe someday someone will come up with uprated and longer shafts (and CVs) that can allow the LR to articulate further.
    Land Rover bolt-ons: Light guards, A-Frame pedestrian catcher, Off Road Lights (unbolted: Mud Flaps & running boards)
    Mods: 32" Goodyear DuraTrac, Rover Specialties Sliders Opt2-Slim, 2" Lift Adj Height Arms, Overhead DVD Player, Kenwood V500 Touch Screen GPS, Swap Factory Sub for 500w Monoblock Sub Amp , Painted Rims, Powder coated Mantec Skid Plate, Hardwired V1
    Looking for: Rack, Ladder, Swing Away Spare

The inner CV and shaft length are reason we have so many different shaft parts for one model vehicle. At least LR3, LR4 & RRS share enough parts.