Thread: 07' LR vehicle fault message

07' LR vehicle fault message

So my 07' LR3 HSE started unlocking the doors while driving and displaying this on the radio screen. I decided to replace the battery since it was 5 years old and when tested it was weak. I also replaced the brake light switch. Thought the problem was solved because it was fine for a few days and then while driving today it did the same thing. Any suggestions?

Also today when I went to start it after driving it the doors started locking and unlocking as soon as I put the key in. When I tried to start it nothing happened. It was like a low battery but none of the lights dimmed or went out. It was like the ignition switch was dead. I removed the key and tried starting it several times and after about 3-4 times of doing this it started right up. Also are clusters from all LR3's the same? I was told from a company that specializes in LR parts that the 07' instrument clusters can't be flashed or reprogrammed to work and a new one is required.

The instrument cluster ( binnacle ) can't be reflashed . Also it can be altered from imperial info to metric ( rectangular info box between main dials ) , but then remains like that !
    There are a few design quirks . Have you disconnected the battery leads and touched them together for a minute or so to drain the system ? That worked for some in the past .

Quote Originally Posted by neil p View Post
    The instrument cluster ( binnacle ) can't be reflashed . Also it can be altered from imperial info to metric ( rectangular info box between main dials ) , but then remains like that !
    There are a few design quirks . Have you disconnected the battery leads and touched them together for a minute or so to drain the system ? That worked for some in the past .
    I tried that and it didn't work. I'll post back after I install the instrument cluster.

Update: I purchased a used cluster from eBay. It was a 05'-06' cluster even though mine is a 07'. I purchased the fast lane service from GAP and installed the cluster using my IIDTool without any problems. The only thing is you need to purchase a cluster with lower mileage than your current one as they can only increase the mileage and not lower it when flashing the cluster. It's been installed about a week now and it seems to have solved my problems. I'll report back if anything changes.

What is GAP?