Thread: cruise control wiring colors for Disco l.

Roswell, New Mexico. Yep, the alien crash site.

cruise control wiring colors for Disco l.

My Disco 1 has always had on again, off again cruise control. Checked everything. Replaced the CC ECU and it worked great for a while, then it began the usual engagement one out of every fifty tries. Read about a procedure to change it over to a disco ll CC ECU. The wire colors are different on the plugs, and since the plugs are different, it is necessary to wire the plug from the D ll, to the D l wiring harness. I know which wire colors I have on the D ll harness, but don't know which color wire is for what on the Disco l. Have looked online, and in my Brooklands manual. Can't find the info anywhere My VIN is SALJY1247WA784126.
    Any help is greatly appreciated! Planning a couple thousand mile trip in the next couple of weeks and really need the cruise working.
    Thanks, Kelly

I did this in the RRC soft dash, which should be similar: http://dcprovenlandrover.blogspot.co...ce-on-rrc.html
    I have a link in the text with the instructions I followed and it works great in my RRC
    <DCProven >
    <1977 Land Rover Santana, Series III, 2.25 Diesel>
    <1995 RRC, LWB, 4.2 V8>

"Information is not knowledge,..." Frank Zappa

Wiring colors are irrelevant. You want to match up the pin out locations.
    https://discoweb.org/showthread.php?t=90799
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker7 View Post
    My Disco 1 has always had on again, off again cruise control. Checked everything. Replaced the CC ECU and it worked great for a while, then it began the usual engagement one out of every fifty tries. Read about a procedure to change it over to a disco ll CC ECU. The wire colors are different on the plugs, and since the plugs are different, it is necessary to wire the plug from the D ll, to the D l wiring harness. I know which wire colors I have on the D ll harness, but don't know which color wire is for what on the Disco l. Have looked online, and in my Brooklands manual. Can't find the info anywhere My VIN is SALJY1247WA784126.
    Any help is greatly appreciated! Planning a couple thousand mile trip in the next couple of weeks and really need the cruise working.
    Thanks, Kelly