Thread: Time for new tires

Time for new tires

It's time for a new set of tires for my 04 Disco on stock 18" wheels. I am running the Nitto Tera grapplers currently and they are a fine tire. Don't really have any issues with them. 3 of them (both rears and spare) are close to 10 years old and are showing some signs of age so it's just time to replace. I was browsing Discount Tire's website for the current price of the Nittos and I noticed that BFG now has the All-Terrain T/A KO2 in 255/55 R18. So holy crap I now have some options. The KO2's are $199 a tire and the Nittos Terra Grappler G2's are $194. So not much of a price different. What are some experiences with the BFG that some of you all have had? Thoughts? Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherJB View Post
    It's time for a new set of tires for my 04 Disco on stock 18" wheels. I am running the Nitto Tera grapplers currently and they are a fine tire. Don't really have any issues with them. 3 of them (both rears and spare) are close to 10 years old and are showing some signs of age so it's just time to replace. I was browsing Discount Tire's website for the current price of the Nittos and I noticed that BFG now has the All-Terrain T/A KO2 in 255/55 R18. So holy crap I now have some options. The KO2's are $199 a tire and the Nittos Terra Grappler G2's are $194. So not much of a price different. What are some experiences with the BFG that some of you all have had? Thoughts? Opinions?
    I am running the KO2's on my pickup. I haven't had them off road yet but on road they are great. Not very loud, handled fine in the rain and on the dry road. Ride good. I had the original AT's on my disco years ago. They performed about the same as the new ones. But in deep mud or deep snow the tread didn't clear very well and they became pretty slick. But after all they are all terrain not mud terrain. I would buy again.
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

Quote Originally Posted by sactodisco View Post
    I am running the KO2's on my pickup. I haven't had them off road yet but on road they are great. Not very loud, handled fine in the rain and on the dry road. Ride good. I had the original AT's on my disco years ago. They performed about the same as the new ones. But in deep mud or deep snow the tread didn't clear very well and they became pretty slick. But after all they are all terrain not mud terrain. I would buy again.
    I appreciate the feedback. I ask around the local jeep forums as well and got some good info and went ahead and bought the BFG's over the weekend. Here in Vegas, we don't really deal with mud or snow so I think an AT tire would be best. Plus I think it's my only option as I haven't seen any mud tires in 255/55r18. So far I have been really happy with them. Quiet and drive nice on the road. Headed to Death Valley tomorrow and will try them out on the trail.
    Last edited by ChristopherJB; 11-09-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Had a set of BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 and had no problems with. Very dependable on and off the road.