Thread: Fueling Issue

Fueling Issue

Hello there Gents,

It has been a while! I got caught robbing a bank to feed my Rover habit.......just kidding... I have been sidelined with some other issues.

Does anyone have any clues as to why my '97 Disco I (with AEL) will NOT take fuel with anything more than a trickle at the gas pump? It is really becoming bothersome taking 10 minutes to fill my tank.

Thanks for any and all ideas...

Respectfully,

Tom
    Just because you can afford to "buy" Land Rover doesn't mean you can afford to "own" a Land Rover!!!

Check your fuel vent tube/hose. Follows fill tube to tank, gets old and needs replacing.
    Larry K, ASE
    Millstadt ,IL
    2011 LR4 HSE LUX
    Prev. owns: 87 RR Classic, 96 D1 4.0, 96 P38 4.6

Cool

Thanks Jag,

I have done that. Also, I have replaced the entire assembly (with a used one from my parts truck).

I am going to remove the entire thing and get out the "BIG HAMMERS" LOL....

I will post my findings....

Something tells me some re-engineering is in order....
    Just because you can afford to "buy" Land Rover doesn't mean you can afford to "own" a Land Rover!!!

Okay, here is what I found. The gate that the fuel pump nozzle pushes out of the way when inserted was not fully depressing the "filler neck trickle valve" enough to shut off the vent canister. So, while filling the fuel make sure the nozzle end is angled toward the front of the vehicle. Just a slight angle with the handle of the pump biasing rearward and the nozzle end angled forward, should solve the filling issue.
    Now, while handling the plastic valve and reinstalling the rubber hoses, I (Magilla Gorilla, what my wife calls me, because of my strong hands), broke the valve.....old and brittle I say...LOL.....New valve $40.00+ mistake and I should be okay......Live and Learn!

Cheers,

Tom

Sorry for the delay. The new trickle valve did NOT solve the issue. Unfortunately I have NOT found a solution to this problem. i have tried to flush all vent lines and such, to no avail.
    In the spring I will develop and install a manual vent system.