Thread: Wanted P38 HVAC control unit

Wanted P38 HVAC control unit

Tried to "fix" mine this weekend. And now its worse than before and i broke the fan knob. Anyone have a line on a replacement?
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

I found German Autotech in Long Beach on Ebay. You can send yours in for $99 or they have one for $249
    The financial crisis is worse than a divorce! I've lost 50% of my assets and I'm still married!

As an update, local wrecker can get one with a non working screen for $50. And I could purchase the screen connector for $20 and possibly fix it or send it off to get rebuild for $99. Or I can get a used one from a different wrecker for $100, plus about $25 shipping, it's operating but who knows what condition. As stated above they can be had for $249 on ebay refurbished. Lastly I could wait for a local pick n pull to get one in and grab it for $29, condition unknown.
    Trail Checklist:

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

Just checked pick n pull website, the closest one added a new p38 yesterday!! Guess I know what I'm doing tonight.
    Trail Checklist:

Pick n pull unit is 90% functional. Better than where I was and for $30. Now to repair the lcd. Anyone speak French? The link in the comments of this video doesn't work anymore and I'm looking for the connector

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8CeRVXmR9F0
    Trail Checklist:

Found the Frenchman. 25 euro shipping included. Will let you know how it goes
    Trail Checklist:

I didn't know you'd gotten a P38. Just to let you know, there's a guy in Lodi who parts them out, he's got ads running on CL all the time (or used to, I haven't been on CL in quite a while so I just assume he's still advertising there.) Anyway, if you get desperate enough to deal with him, be very careful, I know quite a few people who have been burned by him.

I have a friend in Napa who also occasionally parts them, I can check with him if this one doesn't work out for you.
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

Yea, picked it up as a DD for the wife. Got a good deal from Justin at British Recyclers. It was his '00 HSE. Needed a VC replaced and a heater core and a few other things. running pretty good but I currently have a coolant leak. Haven't tracked it down yet but as soon as I do it will be my most leak free rover. Thanks for the warning on Lodi shady guy. I was looking for parts cars on there. I lucked out with Pick n Pull though. Still waiting on my connector from France. Guess they sent it by mule cart or something, sure is taking a while.
    Trail Checklist: