Thread: Return to Shaver Lake in a Range Rover L322

Return to Shaver Lake in a Range Rover L322

I've had some great adventures in our Disco I (Shaver Lake Snow trip of 2013). I had to sell the Disco because it just couldn't tow our travel trailer. Had the Range Rover for a few years and took it off road for the first time this weekend. It did awesome, even on street tires at 50 PSI (for towing)! Worthy upgrade from the Disco.

This is around Dinky Creek near Shaver Lake.

Made it up and over this bump without scraping, had about a 1/2" clearance on front, rear and center.

When through a second time, a bit faster to make the video shorter. Did scrape slightly over the bump second time around.

https://youtu.be/EsL8p3ZBMfE

Looks a lot different up there without all the snow, huh Eric?
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

Great memories of when I did that one summer, what it looks like a million years ago (2007?) on my first time hanging with the NCLR guys!
    Glad to hear you are taking that thing offroad, I love the L322, but people scared me about their transmission being flaky otherwise I would consider one in the future...
    <DCProven >
    <1977 Land Rover Santana, Series III, 2.25 Diesel>
    <1995 RRC, LWB, 4.2 V8>

"Information is not knowledge,..." Frank Zappa

We took our L322 up the first part of the Dusy and camped @ Voyager campground.. even went up Chicken rock in it a couple of years ago! they have amazing traction! shame there is no one making any body protection for them.
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

Damn,
    so you wheel yours too?
    Maybe I should look harder into one in the future, I love the truck itself, just heard too many stories about it...
    <DCProven >
    <1977 Land Rover Santana, Series III, 2.25 Diesel>
    <1995 RRC, LWB, 4.2 V8>

"Information is not knowledge,..." Frank Zappa

I/we absolutely love our 04 and have had it 10 years now... it has been super reliable ... however I think Rover used the BMW motor as they knew it leaked like a sieve and were previously accustomed to it! I am sick of chasing them! I would recommend a 06 or newer with the Jag motor...
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93