Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Non-Genuine LR OE Front Lower Control Arms Acceptable?

I hope those orange polys work for you; I heard mixed results with the red.

Bruce I think the idea that the RRS Bushings were somehow more durable was a myth. I'd asked my friend who is the Service Manager at LR up here and he said that he's changed just as many RRS control arms as LR3. Curious about the armored LR3 and whether we can really truly get parts from that...and whether they are actually any different. Beefier tie rods doesn't seem like a high priority upgrade for such a vehicle. Not like, say, bulletproof glass!

Quote Originally Posted by HOUM_WA View Post
    I hope those orange polys work for you; I heard mixed results with the red.

Bruce I think the idea that the RRS Bushings were somehow more durable was a myth. I'd asked my friend who is the Service Manager at LR up here and he said that he's changed just as many RRS control arms as LR3. Curious about the armored LR3 and whether we can really truly get parts from that...and whether they are actually any different. Beefier tie rods doesn't seem like a high priority upgrade for such a vehicle. Not like, say, bulletproof glass!
    You be surprised at the importance of suspension with up-armoured vehicles. I worked as a mechanic for our government Fleet Service, and the DPS (Dignitary Protection Service) spooks had all the bells and whistles, from superchargers to box-tubed frames. Air bag lifts, too. Ride wasn't really important, more survivability was! And you can't just add bullet resistant glass, a whole new and seperate door with body to match would be required.

Oh yeah, the bushings have done 15K miles so far with no squeaks and factory-like ride.

B5 parts, the B6 and FFRR Sentinel

The link is for the D4 with the upgraded B6 now, option. The B5 was good for a run of the desert AK47 and I suppose the B6 does better.

http://www.landroverhk.com/discovery-4-sentinel.html

As for parts, I presume that if you can uncover the suspension part numbers, that LR would sell the parts to you. The cost however might reflect the limited production of such parts.

If the FFRR is more your ride of choice, (well about six variations), the link below is to the Sentinel, the preferred name over Armored, which is considered a bit gauche. Within the link is a discrete discussion related to various noise makers to which the Sentinel is considered resistant.

http://www.landrover.com/vehicles/ra...nel/index.html
    2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L V8 petrol; 18" x 10 spoke wheels; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K H11 Yellow Ion Fog light bulbs; Rear Cargo area LED lighting; CounterAct LT-2 capacitive corrosion device; LLumar AIR80 Blue Low E clear Infra Red heat reducing side window tint; Upper liftgate cable release; Schrader valve "air in" mod to OEM air tank; Akebono ceramic pads on OEM solid vented discs; 3 Blink signal light mod; Clock on the Dash; LR4 shorter hitch receiver; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav data update.