Thread: D2 rear brakes do not work

D2 rear brakes do not work

99 d2.. Rear brakes do not work.. Have bled repeatedly and rebuilt master cyclinder.. Any ideas why both rear sets do not work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the pedal getting hard, or will it just not pump up at all?
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

Seems to pump up good..

Does it stay pumped up with good solid pedal even after 5 or 10 minutes? When you bleed the rears, do you get a good stream of fluid or just a sort of a dribble? And are the rears simply not working at all? If you have the rear wheels off the ground, engine running and someone steps of the brakes do the rears lock up so you can't turn them?

Does the pedal feel normal? What condition is the brake booster in?
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

In the shop, doing the Lord's work, one broken Rover at a time!
    If you have flow related issues, start working your way toward the master cylinder, cracking lines open looking for where flow is restored. I strongly suspect you'll find the proportioning valve is leaking or not working correctly.
    Wrenchin' to Riches

DBA P T Schram Rover Repair, Churubusco, IN USA

Replaced mc.. Bled and rebuked system.. All is I working order now. Thanks all

Glad you got it figured out. What does rebuking the system consist of...did you just talk sternly to it?
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

Ha more like puking the brake system .. But now my rear brake lights are staying on unless I take my toes and pull brake pedal back the last 1/8 of a inch.. Then they go off.. I'm thinking maybe a new brake light switch?