1st Mistake Buying Used Compressor. The compressor worked normally for approximately 4 days. Smelled wiring type smell. Compressor not working. Relays were checked and some of the fuses. I am unable to diagnose, and do not have access to a diagnostic tool. I suspect Something is causing the compressor to overheat. The previous compressor was blowing fuses. I did not check the dessicant in either compressor...2nd mistake. I need some troubleshooting guidance-obviously. How do I test the compressor by itself? How do I test to find a short? I am able to return compressor...only positive note.