Thread: radio won't unlock

radio won't unlock

I have a 97 disco 1 old man emu shocks springs I replaced radio once with a genuine radio it had the code taped on the bottom recently replaced fuel pump and when I entered the code the radio won't unlock is there any way to correct this

If you have the correct code... you've got this. The only problem, is when you get out of step. So if your code is 4-3-2-1 and you enter 4-4-3-2-1... the radio sees 4-4-3-2 and ejects it, then it sees 1 plus any followed attempt.

The solution is to either:
    (A) Let it time out, where is will reset any previous entry, or
    (B) Get it back into rhythm by adding a single entry before the correct code. The radio will see the correct code in four attempts or less.

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Green Achers View Post
    If you have the correct code... you've got this. The only problem, is when you get out of step. So if your code is 4-3-2-1 and you enter 4-4-3-2-1... the radio sees 4-4-3-2 and ejects it, then it sees 1 plus any followed attempt.

The solution is to either:
    (A) Let it time out, where is will reset any previous entry, or
    (B) Get it back into rhythm by adding a single entry before the correct code. The radio will see the correct code in four attempts or less.
    just tried what you said by adding a 1 before code but it still didn't work pulled radio and even tried switching plugs and checked fuse all looked good it just won't unlock

Sorry to hear this, because it's beyond any problems that I've run across. Strange that the code that's always worked is no longer working. I will watch to see someone come up with this answer.

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor