Thread: 99 D1 Rear Door Hardware Needed

99 D1 Rear Door Hardware Needed

Hi Guys!

I am looking for two assemblies:

1.) The plastic rear door handle cover with all of the license plate lights, gasket etc. Don't need the oval with the logo.

2.) The release handle that is on the outside of the rear door, in the plastic cover.

Mine were murdered by salt and rust.

Would prefer they have no rust on them, and the return spring on the release handle be in good shape.

License plate lights be in good shape too. I can always get new bulbs.

If you can provide them, I need a price, shipped to 14450 zip code.

You can PM me or post here.

Thanks!

Bill BrockClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Rover back door hardware.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	315.8 KB 
ID:	30685
    Last edited by Brockflock; 10-14-2015 at 09:37 PM.
    Brockflock
    Disco I SD '99 Stock 144k mi. New stock suspension, new steering box, new rear shaft joints, Cooper Discovery ATR's and announcing a totally redone set of heads. May 2013: Brakes converted to Defender style: Calipers, stainless flex lines, drilled, slotted and vented rotors. Stops like it hit a wall when you stand on them now!
    12-2016 update: Coopers are done. Michelin Defender LTXs on the way!

Anyone?
    Brockflock
    Disco I SD '99 Stock 144k mi. New stock suspension, new steering box, new rear shaft joints, Cooper Discovery ATR's and announcing a totally redone set of heads. May 2013: Brakes converted to Defender style: Calipers, stainless flex lines, drilled, slotted and vented rotors. Stops like it hit a wall when you stand on them now!

I'll bet there is one at the local junk yard around here. But try British recyclers here in Sacramento. Actually rancho Cordova. Justin, owner, is a member of the local club.

http://www.britishrecyclers.com
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

If it comes to it we could probably arrange something where I visit the pick n pull close to work. Usually they have one on have.
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

I have the handle if you still need it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-D...-/201401795432
    Paul Grant
    203-770-1699
    paulgrant@mac.com
    http://stores.ebay.com/Classic-Rovers

For quickest response please email me directly or call.

Thanks all! My phone got me these messages long after I got the part new. It hurt $$$ too! Really all I needed was the metal bracket that the upper mounting bolt goes into. RN got that for me. I rebuilt the rest, and used stainless hardware where I could.

It's on the road, passed NYS Inspection, and is my daily driver again. Beats the heck out of looking up at pickup truck axles in the Bug! :-)
    Brockflock