Thread: which Cooper should i get?

which Cooper should i get?

hey guys,

im in the process of buying new tires for my DII, but they need to be Coopers because i just won a certificate for a new set of tires. my problem now is which ones i should get. i had decided on the AT3 because im not going to be doing any serious off roading anytime soon, but then found the S/T MAXX which is like a very aggressive all-terrain. the S/T MAXX only comes E rated, while the AT3 i can get C rated. im not sure if a C rated tire is to light duty for a DII, or if a E rated tire is too heavy duty. another thing im not too sure about, is how much rougher the ride is going to be on the E rated tire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10398627_1122405853480_3405497_n.jpg   IMG_20121130_143715.jpg   discovererat3.jpg  

I just put A/T3's on my 2000 Toyota Series 100. Only a few miles so far but I love them. Scott Brady did an exhaustive comparison and these came away clear winners... hope this helps, Tom
    =====================
    Original Owner of "Ol' Man Disco"
    1996 Discovery Series I 5sp (103+k) Mostly stock with a few creature comforts. Hella 550's up top, 3k on a bumper mount, Kenwood HAM, ... Lots of ideas, limited execution...

Quote Originally Posted by TomOwen View Post
    I just put A/T3's on my 2000 Toyota Series 100. Only a few miles so far but I love them. Scott Brady did an exhaustive comparison and these came away clear winners... hope this helps, Tom
    thanks for the help! is the comparison on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by 89classic View Post
    thanks for the help! is the comparison on this site?
    It is now...

http://expeditionportal.com/where-th...eets-the-road/

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by TomOwen View Post

Sweet!! thanks!!

Had a set of AT3's. There's a bit of road noise but traction is really good.