Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who runs 37's on there rover?

Dont

Even free MT tires for LIFE it is a ridiculous proposition to spend tons modifying a truck that should never be used where tires like that are needed in the first place

Land Rovers are not rock crawling trail monsters. It just is not the right tool for the job. You'll do better on a different platform (unique amongst your friends notwithstanding).
    Nick

You are wrong my friend!

There is no better feeling than running the Dusy in a luxury vehicle!
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

Quote Originally Posted by SloHybrid View Post
    You are wrong my friend!

There is no better feeling than running the Dusy in a luxury vehicle!
    I guess if you have a real need to then yes. But to hack it all together because of a good deal on tires is stupid.
    Nick

I agree there!

Quote Originally Posted by NHESS81 View Post
    I guess if you have a real need to then yes. But to hack it all together because of a good deal on tires is stupid.
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

Quote Originally Posted by armyrrc View Post
    Thanks for all the input guy helps my decision a lot. The main reason for wanting 37's is I can pick up the MT for super cheap. And I am doing a diesel conversion just worried about running 37's as a daily driver also lol. I can get a set for 300-450. But don't wanna be constantly replacing axle shafts and because they can't handle daily driving. Was trying to keep the rover axles just making them stronger but might just have to replace the axles as well.
    I agree with everyone on here about going to a 37" tire. The expense that will be needed to run a 37" tire is more than what is required or needed to make a rover a more capable 4x4. There are not many rovers running a 37" tire as most trails rovers encounter will never require a tire of that size. Plus when looking at all that is need to accommodate running that size I hate to say it but there are better platforms to start with. And by "better" I mean cheaper and has more companies producing parts to run super large tires. That's not to say it cant be done because some Land rovers have been built to run a super large tire but they are rare however Rovers do have a great base to start with better than some of the more proven "rock crawler" platforms However The land rover world is still quite small in terms of off road manufacturing at least in the states. meaning if you want to run a 37" be ready to spend some serious $$$ or have some excellent fabrication skills. Best of luck to your rover and if you have the resources to build a rover to run a 37" all power to you buddy.
    1997 D1 6" lift 33" bumpers, glasspack ,HID's
    comming soon Sliders, toy conversion,35"s