Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 02 discovery headlight conversion?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Grottoes,va
    Posts
    5

    02 discovery headlight conversion?

    I'm new here and to the Land Rover community, I recently picked up a 2002 discovery se7 and am wanting to upgrade the headlights, I picked up a used set of 03 headlight and the headlight harness and the 03 grille for 140 bucks today and really wanna swap the headlights, how hard is the conversion and can iuse the headlight harness from the 03? Any help is appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Ramon, CA
    Posts
    3,711
    I have no idea...but why would you buy all that before knowing what you were about to try and tackle?
    Nick

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sunny San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    329

    03-04 headlight revision

    Quote Originally Posted by 02disco2 View Post
    I'm new here and to the Land Rover community, I recently picked up a 2002 discovery se7 and am wanting to upgrade the headlights, I picked up a used set of 03 headlight and the headlight harness and the 03 grille for 140 bucks today and really wanna swap the headlights, how hard is the conversion and can iuse the headlight harness from the 03? Any help is appreciated
    Go on YouTUBE. There are three different videos where they walk you through step by step on what is involved.

    If that does not work out for you, go on DISCOWEB. They cover it there too.


    Let me know how it turns out. I'm planning on doing the same one of these days...

    Lou
    Long-time Land Rover enthusiast : * 2002 DII SE; * 2004 DII SE; * 1998 DI SD; *1998 DI LE7; *1999 DI SD (SOLD); * 1993 RRC SWB (CAMEL TROPHY LOOK) (SOLD); * 2001 DII SE (SOLD); * 1995 DI SD (SOLD); * 1997 DI SE7 (SOLD); * 2006 ROVER Sport ( TOTALLED W/ TREE LAND), * 2001 DII SE7 (SOLD), 2000 SE7 (SOLD); * 2000 DII SD (SOLD); * 1997 DI XD (REGRETFULLY SOLD); * 1995 ROVER LWB (SOLD); * 1991 ROVER SWB GD (SOLD); * 1985 ROVER SWB 5spd (TRADED); 1971 Landie ( STOLEN; RECOVERED IN AZ FULL STRIP)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Grottoes,va
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by NHESS81 View Post
    I have no idea...but why would you buy all that before knowing what you were about to try and tackle?
    Bought everything because I got it cheap, I kno it's not bolt I , just wanna kno if anybody has used to heAdlight plug from the 03 and wire it to the 02 harness

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Grottoes,va
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTLOU View Post
    Go on YouTUBE. There are three different videos where they walk you through step by step on what is involved.

    If that does not work out for you, go on DISCOWEB. They cover it there too.


    Let me know how it turns out. I'm planning on doing the same one of these days...

    Lou
    thanks I'll check that out

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Grottoes,va
    Posts
    5
    Anybody that can answer my question??

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sunny San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    329
    it's been addressed repeatedly in the LRRF:

    http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread....to-03-04-Style
    Long-time Land Rover enthusiast : * 2002 DII SE; * 2004 DII SE; * 1998 DI SD; *1998 DI LE7; *1999 DI SD (SOLD); * 1993 RRC SWB (CAMEL TROPHY LOOK) (SOLD); * 2001 DII SE (SOLD); * 1995 DI SD (SOLD); * 1997 DI SE7 (SOLD); * 2006 ROVER Sport ( TOTALLED W/ TREE LAND), * 2001 DII SE7 (SOLD), 2000 SE7 (SOLD); * 2000 DII SD (SOLD); * 1997 DI XD (REGRETFULLY SOLD); * 1995 ROVER LWB (SOLD); * 1991 ROVER SWB GD (SOLD); * 1985 ROVER SWB 5spd (TRADED); 1971 Landie ( STOLEN; RECOVERED IN AZ FULL STRIP)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Grottoes,va
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTLOU View Post
    it's been addressed repeatedly in the LRRF:

    http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread....to-03-04-Style
    My question is stil unanswered tho, has anybody wired the 03 harness to the 02 harness and made it work

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Altadena
    Posts
    3,864
    Quote Originally Posted by 02disco2 View Post
    My question is stil unanswered tho, has anybody wired the 03 harness to the 02 harness and made it work
    I have conversion instructions from back in the day....just happened across them while trying restart my engine mount project.

    Send me an email.

    Info@blacklistedrovers.com
    1995 LWB
    2004 D2
    2008 E350
    2013 Impreza

    BLR #000
    NCLR #42
    SCLR #592

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •