Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Belmont, CA

Hello from Belmont, CA

Hi all,

Just a quick hello to all, and thank you (in advance) to all the help I'm sure to get from you all.

Very new to the LR ownership lark. Bought a 94 RRC lwb on a non-op over the summer, and just got it legal and registered. Having a blast with it so far, but have a laundry list as long as my arm! Currently it's running fwd as the borg's lost its viscous! Have a 230 to put in - just got t find the time.

grew up in the UK in Warwickshire about 30 miles south of Solihull, so grew up with loved these truck for a very long time.

All the best

tim.

Hey Tim, welcome to Rovermania... I see you are in NorCal, peninsula even, be sure to also check out NorCal Land Rover Club at NorCalRovers.org. We are Bay Area based with a handful of the membership here in the Peninsula as well, even a Brit ;-) In fact, we sometimes get our subset together for beers and BS... The next gathering is posted on the club's website/calendar. Hope to meet you at an event, there are a bunch of guys with who you can compare lists . Best, Tom
    =====================
    Original Owner of "Ol' Man Disco"
    1996 Discovery Series I 5sp (103+k) Mostly stock with a few creature comforts. Hella 550's up top, 3k on a bumper mount, Kenwood HAM, ... Lots of ideas, limited execution...

Welcome. Hope to see you on a trail soon.
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

Thanks - will look-up the club.

Welcome Tim! I second what Tom said and add a bit myself; The club is having its annual gathering of the members the first weekend in October, it is a three day event and people come from various parts of the state and it's a great opportunity to meet others inflicted with roveritis.

Hope to see you there!
    [/SIGPIC]Enrique, Susie, Sebastian 12 & Isabel 4yrs old.

Mexxi's Restaurant & Catering.
    Catering to the farthest corner of the planet, in a Land Rover, of course!

Land Rover stable:
    1962 IIA 109 Reg. in resurrection process.
    1992 RRC SOLD
    1998 Disco I with a peppy 4.6
    2006 LR3 HSE

Welcome to the RRC Inner Sanctum Tim!

In your vehicle you will find the true meaning of... well, sorry. Not quite sure about that. But get ready for some fun times. Echo-ing all other welcomes. Now feel free to FWD your fix-it list!

--Paul
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mojave_Group.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	157.1 KB 
ID:	30315
    '93 LWB, one of many L-R's over the years (GDE bumper w/Warn 8k, Disco axles, RTE 2" springs, Viair)
    1964 88" Truck Cab -- Stolen, then re-appeared locally after 20 yrs
    1966 88" Station Wagon -- Sold
    1967 NADA 109" -- Sold (after I wedged a 300 CID Ford 6 into it)... Help locate! Green 1967 NADA 109
    1990 RRC -- caught fire while wife driving solo... Good times!

Hi Tim, The "Peninsula Chapter" gathering around a BBQ Thursday evening... A great chance to meet the local NCLR folks if you are available. Let me know if you can make it,

Tom

Sent from my P6095 using Tapatalk
    =====================
    Original Owner of "Ol' Man Disco"
    1996 Discovery Series I 5sp (103+k) Mostly stock with a few creature comforts. Hella 550's up top, 3k on a bumper mount, Kenwood HAM, ... Lots of ideas, limited execution...

Tom,

thanks for the invite - unfortunately will not be able to make it this time.

Tim.

Greetings Tim.........

One of the "afflicted from the valley", aka jerp209, has been wanting to head over here to the penninsula, for an impromptu gathering. Should we keep you informed? Some Saturday, maybe at the Oasis in Palo Alto. Spouse, significant others, & offspring are welcome. I need to be nice to "She Who Must be Obeyed". She's the one that drives the Rover.

Cheers,
    Steve
    "I am never more serious than when I am joking."

Sounds good!