Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCEC's On-Boar Air Project for RRC

^ Good points. I think the stock rover tank is ~ 2.5 gallons. I was tired of making my compressor do ALL the work running as a compressor-only set-up. I will have to experiment with getting four 265/70-16's up from 22 lbs to ~ 50 lbs. With the compressor only, I was squatting next to each tire for a number of minutes. Air lockers don't need that much PSI... I don't know what it is, but certainly not 150 psi. Don't have lockers (yet).

I actually thought about getting another stock tank and mounting it underneath in the stock Rover spot. Probable over-kill, but lots of capacity if I ever get 33's.

I agree on the space thing. Every square inch is precious. I am still finding a final resting place for my spare tire. I don't want it on the roof or in the stock spot (driver's side load space). currently located behind passenger front seat. May end up in load space, with drawers around it for the bed. I'm not that into a RTT due to weight (most are ~ 130 lbs!).

--Paul
    '93 LWB, one of many L-R's over the years (GDE bumper w/Warn 8k, Disco axles, RTE 2" springs, Viair)
    1964 88" Truck Cab -- Stolen, then re-appeared locally after 20 yrs
    1966 88" Station Wagon -- Sold
    1967 NADA 109" -- Sold (after I wedged a 300 CID Ford 6 into it)... Help locate! Green 1967 NADA 109
    1990 RRC -- caught fire while wife driving solo... Good times!

Air lockers should see about 75-80 psi. I charge the tank to 150 and regulate it down. I can run my lockers just about all day on one charge of the tank.
    While I was experimenting with my AC compressor on board air I used that little silver tank for my air lockers. I could turn them both on/off about 4 times before it needed to be recharged.

Pimp My Pump!

Turns out the new fan I got has this purple glow-thing happening when it gets energized.

Kind of a Fast & furious look...? Cheese? Very possible.

Also installed my cross-braces.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Air_4.1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	30302

Only thing left is to sew-up my canvas cover with the pockets for accessories built-in.

--Paul
    '93 LWB, one of many L-R's over the years (GDE bumper w/Warn 8k, Disco axles, RTE 2" springs, Viair)
    1967 NADA 109" -- Sold (after I wedged a 300 CID Ford 6 into it)... Help locate! Green 1967 NADA 109

Quote Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
    Air lockers should see about 75-80 psi. I charge the tank to 150 and regulate it down. I can run my lockers just about all day on one charge of the tank.
    While I was experimenting with my AC compressor on board air I used that little silver tank for my air lockers. I could turn them both on/off about 4 times before it needed to be recharged.
    Brett. Is that a ram air mod I see in the background? And are you running hood pins?
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

Quote Originally Posted by sactodisco View Post
    Brett. Is that a ram air mod I see in the background? And are you running hood pins?
    That's a SouthDown snorkel hose, but yes I have Sparco hood pins.

Putting the finishing touches on the project for now. Here is the way we cover it all up, starting with with my old Pfaff 130:

Name:	Sewing_1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	30311

Went to the fabric store and bought 1/2 a yard of brown Sunbrella. Then mated it to a stretch of canvas, had the upholstery shop hammer in a couple of snaps and:

Name:	Cover_1.jpg 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	30312

More detail:

Name:	Cover_2.jpg 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	30313

Not done yet. Next bit is to fashion up a handy tool/accessory holder pocket thingy to ride on the side of all this.

--Paul

Done. Here is the tool/accessory holder sewn in.

Name:	Cover_3.jpg 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	30314

Now for my next project.

--Paul

I have a stock air tank available. If interested, contact me. My contact info can be found at http://www.chadmanz.com/parts.html.