Thread: What a Deal

Ha ha. Good luck with that sale. So you get a running disco a bunch of lights, a front bumper, a winch and more stickers than I would ever want to count for $9K.
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

The hood scoop (noted as hood scope in advert) is interesting, considering it has a snorkel fitted. I've run nitrogen in race tyres, but never in street use. Not quite sure of the reason on that one
    "I am never more serious than when I am joking."

That's too good... Custom euro license plate? Rear exhaust, drive train and hg? Looks more like buzzword bingo.
    =====================
    Original Owner of "Ol' Man Disco"
    1996 Discovery Series I 5sp (103+k) Mostly stock with a few creature comforts. Hella 550's up top, 3k on a bumper mount, Kenwood HAM, ... Lots of ideas, limited execution...

The idea behind nitrogen in the tires is that they stay filled longer due to N2 being a larger molecule than oxygen. However, since our atmosphere is 78% nitrogen to begin with, any benefit to pure nitrogen is negligible. Racers use nitrogen due to it producing less pressure changes in a tire due to heat. For a 4x4, if it ever sees off-road use and needs to air down, it's all a moot point.

The seller of this vehicle doesn't know the first thing about what mods a Disco should have. That hood scoop negates any benefit of having a snorkel as you mentioned, so everything about this vehicle is just about looks, not function.

I'm often asked how an environmental scientist can drive around in a 10 mpg Land Rover...
    I tell them that when sea level rise inundates the city,... I'll still be able to get around.

Vehicle:
    1998 & 1999 Land Rover Discovery I

My Sentiments exactly! He can't even get The UK plate right! the Yellow is on the back and the white is on the front he should have chosen a Dutch plate instead.

We only use nitrogen in our Porsche's.

I think his running boards are the icing on the cake.

oh! what does drive train mean? lol

$1089 for a fuel pump ?? wtf? no wonder he is getting rid of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Roach131313 View Post
    The idea behind nitrogen in the tires is that they stay filled longer due to N2 being a larger molecule than oxygen. However, since our atmosphere is 78% nitrogen to begin with, any benefit to pure nitrogen is negligible. Racers use nitrogen due to it producing less pressure changes in a tire due to heat. For a 4x4, if it ever sees off-road use and needs to air down, it's all a moot point.

The seller of this vehicle doesn't know the first thing about what mods a Disco should have. That hood scoop negates any benefit of having a snorkel as you mentioned, so everything about this vehicle is just about looks, not function.
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

The reason for nitrogen in the tyres is virtually no change in pressure from cold to running temps. Once you get the setup right, the need for guesswork goes away. With "air" in the tyres it took several laps (2-3 mile tracks) to get the temps up & for the car to handle correctly. That was on a 3000 lbs car. Up to that point, it could be nasty. As for staying filled longer, never noticed it. Tyre would look pretty sad with a 4 hour gap between practic / qualifying session. Race tyres were not known for holding air. If anyone wants a 'Euro" plate, take a look at :

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID018267

Even with exchange, & shipping, it is a bit cheaper than $9K. If the fuel pump was $1089, then my daigher got a deal on her D1. It was $1200 for the whole thing, including the fuel pump & a half tank of fuel.
    Last edited by great gormless beast; 04-30-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    "I am never more serious than when I am joking."

Yeah, I couldn't help but share this... Just too funny