Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best all terrain for the money

Has anyone used hankook dynapro AT-M's?

trying to decide between these and General grabbers.

this is for putting on my 94 LWB.

Also so not sure what size - currently got 255/70 16's. They rub on full lock, so was looking at something narrower. (245/70's), but I here a lot about LT's v P rated. Is it worth the extra expense for LT's. Then I have to go 245/75 - half inch bigger than the 255! What does the LT actually buy you?
    Last edited by Timbo; 12-19-2015 at 05:20 PM.
    94 - Range Rover LWB - 241000 miles!

I used to have the Hankook Dynapro AT-M's on a Nissan Patrol in South America, and they were perfect for the road and did extremely well in the extreme rain, and they had really good traction off road for an all terrain. I was able to climb a small ledge that went almost up to the trucks front bumper by putting it in 4low and just a little bit of gas so it wouldn't stall (it was manual). I only did that to test the tires, and they didn't slip at all. In the mud, they cleaned out pretty good and overall I really like them and would buy them again. I finally got tires on my Disco 2, but I got Cooper AT3's which so far I am very Happy with. I haven't gone off road yet but so far, they seem to have really good traction on road and in the rain. Im waiting for it to start snowing so I can see how they do then.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    Has anyone used hankook dynapro AT-M's?

trying to decide between these and General grabbers.

this is for putting on my 94 LWB.

Also so not sure what size - currently got 255/70 16's. They rub on full lock, so was looking at something narrower. (245/70's), but I here a lot about LT's v P rated. Is it worth the extra expense for LT's. Then I have to go 245/75 - half inch bigger! What dies the LT actually buy you?

That's awesome - thanks for the feedback.

Now need to decide what size.

now have to work out what size!
    Quote Originally Posted by 89classic View Post
    I used to have the Hankook Dynapro AT-M's on a Nissan Patrol in South America, and they were perfect for the road and did extremely well in the extreme rain, and they had really good traction off road for an all terrain. I was able to climb a small ledge that went almost up to the trucks front bumper by putting it in 4low and just a little bit of gas so it wouldn't stall (it was manual). I only did that to test the tires, and they didn't slip at all. In the mud, they cleaned out pretty good and overall I really like them and would buy them again. I finally got tires on my Disco 2, but I got Cooper AT3's which so far I am very Happy with. I haven't gone off road yet but so far, they seem to have really good traction on road and in the rain. Im waiting for it to start snowing so I can see how they do then.
    94 - Range Rover LWB - 241000 miles!

for size, what I would do is get the original size and go up one size in height, but same width. as for the LT's vs P ratings, don't ask me about that lol i just get the one thats rated for my trucks weight which i forgot the rating already lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    That's awesome - thanks for the feedback.

Now need to decide what size.

now have to work out what size!

I recommend BFG All Terrain T/A and Wrangler Duratracs. Both are good on and off the road.