Thread: Double Heim panhard?

Double Heim panhard?

Is anyone running or can anyone think of a reason not to run a panhard rod on a DI with Heim joints at both ends? I'm getting tired of replacing bushings on the axle side.
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

I didn't have much luck with the frame side heim on my RTE panhard. Three different brand Heims all developed an unacceptable amount of slop in an unacceptable amount of time for me. I actually went with a $13 bushed rod end at the frame and it's outlasted all three Heims.

My problem hasn't been the Heim rather the rubber bush at the axle. Are you running poly? Any luck there?
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

Quote Originally Posted by sactodisco View Post
    My problem hasn't been the Heim rather the rubber bush at the axle. Are you running poly? Any luck there?
    I bought my RTE pandhard rod used. It came with some sort of yellow polyurethane bushing at the axle end. I figured I'd leave it in there and replace when needed. A few years later its still going strong and outlasted the heims on the frame end.
    I think the yellow poly bushing is the one RTE supplied with it.