Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tires for the RRC

Tires for the RRC

My tires on the RRC are well passed the expiration date and full of cracks, I can't really go anywhere with that.
    I plan to upgrade in a few months to 32" Cooper STT or BFG Km2 (or similar), but for now, I need something to use the truck.
    I've been searching around the internet and found the typical unknown brands, that are cheap.
    Any suggestion as to what brand of OK/cheap tires I can get?

Thanks for your ideas.
    <DCProven >
    <1977 Land Rover Santana, Series III, 2.25 Diesel>
    <1995 RRC, LWB, 4.2 V8>

"Information is not knowledge,..." Frank Zappa

Several year back (5ish?), I bought a set of tyres from America's Tire. Things were a bit tight, so I asked for something round, black & not Michelin. The store manage suggested their house brand tyre. It was called the Luxury SUV tyre. I'll need to look when the"Ministry of Planning & Finance" gets home, but I believe I went to a 225/75, or 235/75 tyre. All I remember about them, the price was good. Not the cheapest of the unknown tyres, but well within the budget. The best part, they were designed for heavier vehicles. They still have lots of life left on them. I have no doubt the tyre is no longer sold, but a good store manager should be able to suggest something.............maybe?
    "I am never more serious than when I am joking."

Try kenda klever m/t's or their a/t's. They are super cheap, but are stout tires. I ran a couple sets and although noisy(come on, its a mud terrain!), they weren't the worst and performance was fantastic for the price.
    Jeremy P.

91' RRC Hunter Edition
    1995 RRC lwb

I'll check them out.

Thank you guys...
    <DCProven >
    <1995 RRC, LWB, 4.2 V8>

You betcha! If you decide new tires are too expensive, I'll take that 95' off your hands!
    Actually, I have a set of 5 Goodyear Kevlar mt tires available. 235/85/16 and in great shape. I was going to use them on a Lwb, but more and more things keep popping up, so I haven't had the cash to buy one.
    Jeremy P.

91' RRC Hunter Edition
    1995 RRC lwb

Sorry, the 95 is here to stay

Sent you a PM though...
    <DCProven >
    <1995 RRC, LWB, 4.2 V8>

I'll check my box now! I don't blame you on that 95! I keep telling myself "when the right one comes along...."
    Jeremy P.

91' RRC Hunter Edition
    1995 RRC lwb

And when you get around to getting new tires, check out the Goodyear Duratrac. Started running them a couple of years ago. Great on both the street and in the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sloanfiske View Post
    And when you get around to getting new tires, check out the Goodyear Duratrac. Started running them a couple of years ago. Great on both the street and in the stuff.
    X2 on duratracs. Probably my favorite tire out there right now. A tad pricey, but you can find online deals that make them a decent bargain.
    Jeremy P.

91' RRC Hunter Edition
    1995 RRC lwb

I just ordered general grabber at2's and honestly, they seem like a great AT tire for the money. Only. $145 ea.
    Jeremy P.

91' RRC Hunter Edition
    1995 RRC lwb