Thread: Round 3 Tire carrier for Classic

Round 3 Tire carrier for Classic

So thanks to Antonio for starting this build in the first place.

I have build two complete sets. One still resides in the club (NCLR) as far as I know. This will be the third.

So this project started from my last build. I posted a video

And I got a few hits here and there. This time someone from So Cal emailed me and I wrote back. We went back and forth for a while and finally got somewhere with it. The guys name is Alastair so I don't call him (him). Alastair wants this exactly the same but I figured I get better each time so I'm going to clean it up again. But keep it the same. He wants the whole set-up. Bumper and tire carrier. So I found a parts truck (Thank you Jeremy) and started on that. Here is some pictures to show my progress.

Here it is stock and missing parts.

Got some serious needed rain finally and had to tarp off the truck since its missing glass. I'm planning to possibly build a monster from this truck after I'm done. For now it's my template to build on. Lucky you guys huh? Time to remove the bumper and build.

I painted the hitch white to mark in the future that this might get removed for a better angle. We all need a little more ground clearance. Some more than others. But for now it's staying.

Day two consists of cutting and getting the rear cleared out for my build.

After some tac welds I need to get my spindles mounted and find a place that guys with light guards wont have issues. So I need to allow for that.

So far this is what I had as of last night. I needed to take care of some personal issues first. But I'll update as I go.
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

Its weird seeing this old 93' Lwb actually going to good use(you're welcome). Since I donated to a good cause, I gotta get some bumpers,sliders,etc. from you! I have a guy on the east coast that has good connections into their rover community and has lots of interest on hd stuff. Let's chat about getting your stuff out there!
    Jeremy P.

91' RRC Hunter Edition
    1995 RRC lwb

We could call your company Ramttorf fabrication " I get it done!" ha ha!
    95 4.6 Range Rover LWB 25th anniversary (Rovage)50230 cam/RPI ECU
    04 Range Rover
    87 white RRC
    93 Range Rover LWB Crawler 4.6

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqczzhsWOh8

NCLR #93

Oh crap... I can't believe I left this half way. I'll update soon. I have been super busy. Sorry guys. Remind me to post pictures. I need to get on my desk top and upload.
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

so can I get one of these for my RRC 94 ?
    hojo
    "There I was surrounded, all I had was my daisey bee bee gun and my rubber duck knife"
    Hence a 92 RRC ?

92 RRC named " Calimba "

Quote Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
    so can I get one of these for my RRC 94 ?
    hojo
    Yes you can. We talked a few years ago remember? I have a truck to build on now. But it would be great if you drive up from So Cal.

cool
    call me and lets work out a time
    hojo
    "There I was surrounded, all I had was my daisey bee bee gun and my rubber duck knife"
    Hence a 92 RRC ?

92 RRC named " Calimba "