Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I remove my horn?

Ok mike. To make you and the California air resources board happy I did a bit more work and didn't have to modify my intake system at all. I got out the pea grinder and sawzall and removed what I can only guess is the RHD battery tray where's the bottle jack sits. As it turns out the compressor fit great but i need to find a new home for the jack. Not that big of a deal. Thanks fish and gormless for your input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

The battery tray area on the left hand side is also used for the jack and wheel chock on right hand drive models. I had a 2nd battery in there for a while, but that whole side of the engine bay gets heated up by the turbo in the Tdi.

To get the battery in there i had to pull out the air horn and really never felt any difference. If you're worried about inlet temperature, a snorkel is probably the way to go.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk