Thread: FYI: Spam-O-Matic may be overzealous...

FYI: Spam-O-Matic may be overzealous...

When I originally tried to register for this forum I was rejected by the Spam-O-Matic
    as a spammer.........................? I was using my main gmail email
    account I've had for seven years on a standard suburban Comcast IP -
    nothing fishy. I didn't know it blocked the IP so I was subsequently blocked
    on two other email accounts.

It's worth noting that after being blocked, I started receiving a flood of spam
    to these email accounts..

I finally got registered using another IP and new Yahoo email.
    I tried contacting the admin, but never received any response.

Just to let you all know.

Sorry to hear about that. Spam-O-Matic is a new feature to me, one that I'm so far pretty unfamiliar with but I'm researching it now. I don't know what might have caused it to key in on your registration attempt and reject you, I'll try to find out. I'm not an admin, only a moderator (that's probably a good thing!) so my abilities are somewhat limited.

And in spite of all that you had to go through to get here, welcome to the site!
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

Thanks. I thought you all should know.