Thread: Coolant host connectors - Do you change the O-Rings in the plastic connectors?

Coolant host connectors - Do you change the O-Rings in the plastic connectors?

I am currently replacing the leaky thermostat and Coolant Elbow on my KV6. This is the North American Left Hand drive model 2005 SE
    If there is further detail in the RAVE regarding best practice with these hoses, I've not yet encountered it.

Having worked on other makes/model automobiles over the years I am quite surprised at the number of high pressure coolant hoses and flanges that are merely held together using O-ring and sometimes a clip. As with most newer cars, all of these part seem to be made of plastic. The hose connectors to the Thermostat raises the most concern for me as they are all simply pressed together then held together with a clip.

So I've purchased new O-rings for all of the other plastic parts but noticed that there is an internal O-ring inside each of the plastic collar/clip connectors at the end of the coolant hoses.

• What is best practice for these O-rings?
    • Should I pry them out and replace with fresh new O-rings?
    • Or simply press fit back into place and secure with the clip?
    • Or do Land Rovers require replacement of the plastic clip/collars on the end of each Coolant hose?

Any advisement would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The answer to this question is yes.

I changed all of the O-rings inside each of the hose collar/connectors.

Now that the new O-Rings and coolant flanges are in place , the system now holds pressure no more coolant leaks for a short four days. But the newly found internal pressure has blown the seal on the water pump!

Thus is the life of a freelancer owner.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2