Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 95 Classic Build

It's been far too long sense iv showed the Range some love. Im back on it! On page 1 I had quite a rot situation on the rear of the body. So I decided to finish it up. All I needed to do as far as welding is make a lip for the weather stripping (which was tricky) for the tail gate. Once I finished that up I cut off and grinded any unnecessary mounts, tabs, and brackets. I got it cleaned up and shot some Al's spray in bed liner to seal it up and protect the floor. It came out really nice.

In the rear ill be making some custom cabinets on ether side to store towing, tools, fire extinguisher, and a extra battery. It will be a clean and simple set up and still have a lot of floor space.

Another thing that was on the list to do was my alternator. Instead of buying an over priced chinese refurbished one from vato zone i took it to a local rebuild shop. Out the door for $109. Cleaned up nicely.

So next on the Range will most likely be the start of my rear bumper. I cant start the truck with out installing the fuel tank. The skid plate attaches to the OEM bumper. So that needs to be done when making the new bumper. While im doing that im going to take the stock trany and oil cooler lines off the truck. All are leaking... Typical issue. A local hose shop will rebuild them most likely with braided hoses in the rubber sections. Im not real crazy about catching on fire with all the leaks. Ill probably be woking on the cabinets as well.

You guys have to stay on top of me on this project. I get burnt out easily... More soon...

This is exciting. I wish you lived close to me. You obviously have skills I don't have and I'd love to watch/learn/help.

Colin

Thanks man.

Well i didnt get a chance to start the cabinets/storage set up. But i did get most of my interior cleaned up and back in. Id have to say its looking pretty good and the floor repair came out really nice.

Although i wanted to build the storage set up for the rear i knew i needed to remove the trans and engine oil cooler lines. Ill take them to the hoes shop tomorrow to be rebuilt and make them serviceable. I think all but one was leaking. Typical Rover...

I did pick up some 2"X5" 3/16 square tubing to make the rear bumper. I have it all designed and ready to cut this week. Pretty excited about that.

More soon...

Spend a couple more bucks and have them redo those hoses with braided stainless. Those should the be the last hoses you'll ever need on that truck. And do the power steering hoses too...it sucks to have a power steering hose blow on the trail...believe me, I know!
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDan View Post
    Spend a couple more bucks and have them redo those hoses with braided stainless. Those should the be the last hoses you'll ever need on that truck. And do the power steering hoses too...it sucks to have a power steering hose blow on the trail...believe me, I know!
    I hear ya Dan. Im going to have them weld on JIC fittings so each hose is serviceable. It will give me the option to have a spare in my truck to replace on any hose incase something should come up. I was going to go with braided staineless. Even though it wount be much help it will look cool. I was going to do the power steering. They look brand new. They wont be made in this batch but i do plan on doing them soon as well.

Would you mind sending me the name of the shop that is doing your hoses? I can't seem to find any shop locally. Thanks.

Just an FYI, I built a storage system using large Pelican cases and server slide-out rails. The rails lock in place when fully extended and can support a couple of hundred pounds. I also added a 5gallon air taink with an air compressor. Just an idea.

Hey JohnC.
    I used AmazonHose.com There a big company. It was $190 to have them weld on JIC fittings and make serviceable flexible hoses (where the OEM one are). I had a total of 5 oil/tranny lines fixed. Im actually picking them up today so ill post pics later.

Thats a good idea for storage. The goal for me is to have as much floor space available as stock. Im going to have to get creative. I think im going to get started on it this weekend.

Did you see the thread about the storage system I built in the back of my RRC? It might give you some ideas:

http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread....-Drawer-System
    '91 RRC-4.2, R380, LT230, GDE bumper with Smittybuilt 8K winch, Custom 3" lift, 33's, Equipe trailing arms, Rock Ware sliders, Custom diff guards, Maxyedor HD steering, TT/Detroit, Rovertracks axles
    '61 Series II 88"
    '95 D90
    '94 RRC County LWB

"There are three kinds of men: The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers

That looks good Dan, i did see that a while back. My plan is to make my storage where the factory tire was on the drivers side and where the sub/amp is on the passenger. Basically im not going to build past the wheel wells on ether side. I wont be able to store as much as you but i will always have the basics that i would want to keep in the truck at all times.

I picked up my oil and tranny lines. They came out pretty nice. All are serviceable with JIC fittings. Time to get this thing running!