Thread: Worth every penny of it...

Worth every penny of it...

I got part of my order today. The 69 cent piece of plastic part of the order. Not much bigger than the tip of my pinky. Seeing how they shipped it via UPS in a 5"x6"x7" box... I'd say they lost their shirt on that deal.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0172.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	28846

BTW, I'll have a couple glide clips to show off when they complete my order. I guess they couldn't find a 4'x4'x4' box for those!

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Green Achers View Post
    ......I'd say they lost their shirt on that deal.......
    So here's my question, "If you paid $9.64 in shipping & handling, what will you be paying for the remaining bits?" I can't see them shipping them freight N/C.
    "I am never more serious than when I am joking."

I ordered a small gasket last night. They said they would toss it in the mail instead of the UPS or FEDEX route. Hmmmm. We'll see. Best part now is that I am right down the NYS Thruway from them. Anything I buy gets here overnight whether they send it that way or not!
    Brockflock
    Disco I SD '99 Stock 144k mi. New stock suspension, new steering box, new rear shaft joints, Cooper Discovery ATR's and announcing a totally redone set of heads. May 2013: Brakes converted to Defender style: Calipers, stainless flex lines, drilled, slotted and vented rotors. Stops like it hit a wall when you stand on them now!
    12-2016 update: Coopers are done. Michelin Defender LTXs on the way!

His most likely came from their Reno warehouse. I've been there, it's a huge place that many many companies use to ship stuff. There actually isn't any AB personell there. They don't care much what size box it comes in. In fact when I drop by for will-call my stuff is always in a box. At least I'm not paying shipping.
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come