Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1995 Discovery 1 Heads /w ARP studs

Quote Originally Posted by astateofmike View Post
    Mike, will those work on D1's? Seems like a good deal for a set of eight.

Well of they work on my D1 why wouldn't they work on yours? That is actually a great price. I'm putting in an order for a set now.
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

The link list them for 2000-2004 (at $380 per set of 8) and the set for a 1998 is $305! I can't figure out that the difference would be for a change between the D1 4.0 and D2 4.0 in the way of effecting injectors, but I'd be happier with the correct set and $75 in my wallet.

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor

Actually I found out the link Mike sent was just for the price of one. So I called my local part supply guys and they have these in stock for a 95 Ford Mustang 5.0 . There is a guy who knows his Fords there and knew what I was talking about. They had them in stock and I came by today and picked up all 8 for $310 and another $30 for a timing chain. The chain will be in tomorrow but I did pick these babies up.

Here is a comparison between the two.

The new ones have 4 tiny holes for a better finer spray of fuel delivery into the chamber. The finer the spray the better the combustion. That means more efficient power.
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

I know I'm getting more involved in this but I think I'll be safe after this work is done. A little more money than I expected to pay but I have no choice after finding the piston in that shape.

Best thing about the injectors in my opinion is that they are made here in the USA. No china parts. Well at least the box said so. We will see what happens.

Also bought these over last week since I know the tank went bad and I will do a lift and use the flex of my suspension I will need the longer brake lines.

So tomorrow I'm pulling the block out. I would love it if you guys who said you were coming to help would actually come to help.

But I do need someone to help move the motor around. I'm just one guy with a mission to get this truck back on the road this week. I have a Pismo trip to make this Friday. All hands on deck!!!

Again tomorrow would be great. Email me directly (Pedram's email) to get directions. 3pm Monday 17th Fremont Ca. I'll be there after work till 11ish. My goal for tomorrow is get the new 4.2 in the truck like this

Last edited by ToyDisco1; 09-17-2012 at 12:02 AM.

There's likely going to be a long silence now... so let me break the ice that I'm interested in helping but will be at work. It is nice to have a friend help in pulling and installing an engine - a big time saver! I've done it alone and it just takes more time in walking back and forth, small lift movements and less eyes/perspective. Sorry I can't be there.

-Now back to the long awkward silence-

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor

....I hear crickets.....

not sure, but have you checked that the water pump from the 3.9 will work on the 4.2, or do you have a new one? Just thinking about that now...

http://www.roverparts.com/Nxt/search...+Rover+Classic
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB