Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1995 Discovery 1 Heads /w ARP studs

I started taking more things out. Like this grungy intake gasket....

The rear of the seal was over tightened and cracked so it caused a oil leak every where.

This was pretty normal but not so nice to look at. I couldn't find the bad seal. But I know it will be fixed after this. I also checked for any loose liners. So I don't have to change out the block soon.

This will get cleaned soon.

But overall this is going smooth. Here is a glance with a wide shoot.

I'm taking the parts over to the machine shop to get cleaned up for the reinstall.
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

Looks like my job so far. Time to inspect those cylinder sleeves to make sure they haven't slipped [because I missed that step and had to do a redo! ]

Bill of Green Achers Farms
    Adventure for fellow Geeks! Geocaching
    Land Rover Repair Manual - Download Site
    1. 1996 Discovery I - Yet to be named
    2. 1998 Discovery I - "Kermit"
    3. 2000 Discovery II - Parts Donor

Yeah I'm going to wire wheel the surface lightly to clean things up and not damage the metal. I checked all the liners and nothing look bad.
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

good job!
    1997 D1 6" lift 33" bumpers, glasspack ,HID's
    comming soon Sliders, toy conversion,35"s

Just found a burnt piston. Scared the wall as well. I might have to replace the block. I'm not really looking forward to doing this.

Here is that picture.. ..

Quote Originally Posted by ToyDisco1 View Post
    Just found a burnt piston. Scared the wall as well. I might have to replace the block. I'm not really looking forward to doing this.
    That does need to be replaced. Tony has a great deal on a very nice short block. $500 and he's not too far away so you can pick it up. Pulling your engine will not be too hard - but watch your head around the lift!

Quick link
    Last edited by Green Achers; 09-14-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks to the club president Mike I got one from him. And it's an upgrade. I got his 4.2 short block that he pulled out just for me...!!!

Thank you Mike. I'm looking into replacing the injectors as well just in case Graeme. I think they are fine but you never know at this point. I'm going with the Ford 19# injectors everyone is yelping about. I think any power upgrade is better then what I had. Even though having a 5 speed wasn't enough!! But I'll be posting more pictures soon.

Good job. If it's power you're after, I just pulled the Megaflow muffler with tail pipe off Ol Blue (Disco I). It's maybe a year old so near new. I replaced it because it's loud but the horse power increase is noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyDisco1 View Post
    I'm looking into replacing the injectors as well just in case Graeme. I think they are fine but you never know at this point. I'm going with the Ford 19# injectors everyone is yelping about. I think any power upgrade is better then what I had. Even though having a 5 speed wasn't enough!! But I'll be posting more pictures soon.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/bosch...-fuel-injector
    It's about people and the Land Rovers that own them.
    01 DII : 95 RRC LWB : 88 RRC SWB