Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 1995 Discovery 1 Heads /w ARP studs

Hummm... I still have rear carpet but lost my heat shield a while ago. After reading this, I think I go find a new one. Soon.
    Trail Checklist:

Rubicon (Buck to Tahoe in the rain/snow), Hell Hole

96 DI 5" RTE, GBR 4.11's, ARB Front and Rear, 35" KM2's, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper, Roof Rack, Bottorf Sliders, Superwinch, RTE steering skid, Custom front diff guard...other and more to come

People are coming out from the wood works now! Haha Haa!

Glad I'm not the only one. I figured it was a heat shield. I'll check it out later after the oil leak and the motor mounts. I'll get all four mounts replaced at one time. Soon to come pictures guys I'm sorry for the delay. Working on a few other projects I was promising to finish before the annual for Rupert.
    I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

This is what I used. It is bendable and took just a few minutes to install. I used stainless zip ties and just laid it over the top of the muffler and wrapped the ties around it. My floor was so hot before it melted the carpet, but now it doesn't even get warm to the touch. $32 and free shipping.

Here's the link:

Heatshield from Amazon.com

Colin

**double post deleted**

Okay from where I left off in pictures starts today.

I bet your all out of the loop by now and miss seeing new things pop up here!!!

This part held me up a day. A $5 part I forgot about since mine is a manual and not an automatic.

Got the Clutch and flywheel all done now for the rest of the work.

We dropped the beast in and with the help of a few friends one at a time I got this thing closer each day. Thank you Rocky and Colin.

I'm getting this baby running soon. (I did already but it's what I was thinking at the time these pictures where taken)

Figuring out how the hell the new ford #3 19lbs injectors will fit since they are a little shorter than stock.

I'm going with a close copy of the CAMEL TROPHY Sand Stone yellow for my white disco. I love this color scheme.

SO SEXY!!!

I spend more time fixing things than using them. My motto is " If it breaks.... F it I'll weld it"

So after most of the work was done at this point I'm on Friday morning before my pismo trip. I need it running and people are depending on me to go. I have 6 people I told I will go and they will be waiting for me to load up my truck and trailer to go by 6 pm. This is Friday at 10 pm I was up till 2am with poor Colin. I did weld up his winch plate while he was down here and he helped out a lot. So thank you for coming all the way down here bro. I really appreciate the hand. I still owe you dinner. I think the pelican story was a great idea. I'll keep that in mind.

Here is some more to my story.

I bought O-rings to fix future leaks.

Bolting up more parts.... I love this new color scheme.... it really brings out the DISCO ___ VERY (I'm owning this word by the way!!!) out of my Discovery.

And it runs after this last picture. But it took a few calls. I messed up on the timing with the distributor not being in the right position so the truck turned over but did not fire correctly. It was as if I wasn't getting any spark. I smelled fuel and got a spark from removing the wires and grounding the end from the spark plug side. While someone was cranking the ignition (in this case it was Jarell aka Disco12) I was holding the plug wire near a grounded source waiting for a arc. I got the arc but I needed to figure out how I wasn't getting the motor to burn fuel. It's all about timing. If you get a spark in the wrong cylinder that the injector is firing in then you will not get ignition. So you will smell fuel and not have an explosion.

So the idea is to move the tooth of the distributor forward or reverse to see what does the trick. If you move one back and it doesn't fire then you have to go forward two to try the other direction. Just don't forget what you started from. It gets frustrating after a few attempts.

What do you think about the Ford injectors? I've got a set that's been sitting in my garage for over a year now. I think it may be time to put them in.

Colin

I'm thinking you should do it. Why spend money and put it on the shelves?!?! I hate buying things and letting them sit around. I do it too but just hate doing it. Only thing is that you really have to bend the tabs like crazy to fit.

Two years ago.... Still going strong. Well I should of did my timing with a light so I burnt up a few valves. But the heads are solid. No loss of coolant. Just oil.

Damn I hate looking at these pictures now. I wish I did my timing right. I'm leaning to buy a classic soon. Maybe swap parts into it....